IP 0.0.0.0 and other weird stuff in Piwik 1.5.1

I’ve been searching on this forum, but all i found that’s some fixed bugs or older versions issues.

It’s new installation of Piwik 1.5.1, not an upgrade. Server runs nginx, it’s behind a Varnish and all IPs are showing as 0.0.0.0, also all visits have 0s duriation. Php info shows “IPv6 support enabled”. What seems strange to me, ISP is resolved (correctly) for every visitor.

In other sections there is a lot of “no data for this graph/report” - for example report about browsers is empty but widget “visitors in real time” there are diffrent browsers identified.

Any ideas?

I’ve checked it on Apache too (behind Varnish), still the same.

You need to configure it to pass the IP. See faq Installation - Analytics Platform - Matomo

Ok, maybe it’s weird, but it solved the problem “partially” - I’ve added to config: assume_secure_protocol = 1 (proxy_client_headers[] = HTTP_X_FORWARDED_FOR already was in there) and only one visitor’s IP was detected, others have IP set to 0.0.0.0

(There was 8 visitors in past 30 minutes)

assume_secure_protocol shouldn’t affect tracking.

For the proxy header configuration, the default has that line commented out. You might want to re-check that.