Intra and internet ip's location

Hello,

I haven’t see any topic about this one the forum so i post it hoping an answer !

I’ve few sites monitoring by my piwik which can be visited by both internal and external users.
I managed to locate users IP’s internally and externally with IntranetGeoIP for internal and GeoIP (Php) provided with MaxMind’s databases for external ones.

My issue is about how to manage an external IP who match internal one.
Let’s see : say that we have the 207.45.200.167 address located in London, GB in our IntranetGeoIP.data.php file. But (at time where i write that post) this address is located in Los Angeles, USA externally.
When i track that ip in piwik, she is located in London.
My question is how can i manage that this IP is the external one and not the internal one ?

PS: If it can help, our external access is protected by multiple proxy and firewall so i’ve the HTTP_FORWARDED header.

Maybe this community plugin is useful? http://plugins.piwik.org/IntranetGeoIP

Like i said here [quote=“canda_j, post:1, topic:19269”]
I managed to locate users IP’s internally and externally with IntranetGeoIP for internal and GeoIP (Php) provided with MaxMind’s databases for external ones.
[/quote]

I already use IntranetGeoIP plugin for internal locations.
My question is more about how can i say that an IP is an external and not an internal one (see my originel post for further informations)

Maybe this would be a question best for this plugin’s issue tracker, as maybe this plugin (or a new plugin) could also track whether the user is from an internal or external IP address.