Integrity check wants my to upload files which are not in the matomo download package matomo 4.4.1

Hi everyone,
I wanted to install matomo. After uploading all the files I started the installation and got the information that the integrity check has reported some erros.
Missing files like (for better reading I shortened the path)
matomo/misc/cron/.htaccess
matomo/node_modules/chroma-js/.npmignore
matomo/node_modules/iframe-resizer/.eslintrc
matomo/node_modules/iframe-resizer/.ncurc.json
matomo/node_modules/iframe-resizer/.prettierrc
matomo/node_modules/jquery.browser/.npmignore
matomo/node_modules/jquery.dotdotdot/.npmignore
matomo/node_modules/jquery.scrollto/.jscsrc
matomo/node_modules/jquery.scrollto/.npmignore
matomo/node_modules/ng-dialog/.eslintrc
matomo/node_modules/ng-dialog/.npmignore
matomo/node_modules/qrcodejs2/.npmignore
matomo/vendor/matomo/device-detector/.yamllint
matomo/vendor/php-di/php-di/.gitstats.yml
matomo/vendor/php-di/php-di/.phpstorm.meta.php
matomo/vendor/szymach/c-pchart/.scrutinizer.yml
matomo/vendor/tecnickcom/tcpdf/tools/.htaccess
matomo/vendor/twig/twig/.php_cs.dist

But: I checked the first files in my folder I downloaded from matomo (https://matomo.org/download/) and they are not existing, so I cant upload them. What am I doing wrong - or what is the problem?
Would be great, if somebody can help me with that. It is the first time this happend to me. Before the installations worked fine.

Hi @Nikkel I am also using Matomo v4 and these files exists in my system. The screenshot is attached.

Can you please check the permission or authentication issue ? for Matomo we set user and group as www-data and to change the user I use following command.
sudo chown -R www-data:www-data

To set the permission you can use
sudo chmod -R 777

The above commands are for linux/ubuntu users.

1 Like

Hi @Naser_Aslam
thanks for answering me. But I have problems to understand what you mean. Sorry for that. I downloaded the files, and if I am looking in my filemanager after unzipping them, those files are not there (before loading them up). Where do I have to check the permission oder authentication issue?

Hi,

Those files do exist in the Matomo release.

➜  ~/tmp wget https://builds.matomo.org/matomo-latest.zip
--2021-09-17 13:58:37--  https://builds.matomo.org/matomo-latest.zip
Auflösen des Hostnamens builds.matomo.org (builds.matomo.org)… 185.31.40.177, 2a00:b6e0:1:200:177::1
Verbindungsaufbau zu builds.matomo.org (builds.matomo.org)|185.31.40.177|:443 … verbunden.
HTTP-Anforderung gesendet, auf Antwort wird gewartet … 200 OK
Länge: 19492362 (19M) [application/zip]
Wird in »matomo-latest.zip« gespeichert.

matomo-latest.zip         100%[====================================>]  18,59M  6,58MB/s    in 2,8s    

2021-09-17 13:58:41 (6,58 MB/s) - »matomo-latest.zip« gespeichert [19492362/19492362]
➜  ~/tmp unzip -q matomo-latest.zip 
➜  ~/tmp cd matomo/
➜  ~/tmp/matomo ls misc/cron/.htaccess
misc/cron/.htaccess
➜  ~/tmp/matomo ls vendor/twig/twig/.php_cs.dist
vendor/twig/twig/.php_cs.dist

But on Linux (and other operating systems) it is a convention that files starting with a dot are hidden and your file explorer doesn’t show them to you (press CTRL+H to show them).
So please pay attention that you actually upload all files (including the hidden ones)

1 Like

Hallo … THANX!!!
I had a systemchange to mac and I didnt expected hidden files. Great, now I can moving forward. Thanks too all of you. Have a nice weekend

1 Like