Integrate Matomo with Tableau

Hello,
I would like to know if the integration of Tableau and Matomo is possible. Just to clarify, I don’t want to present the data from Matomo in Tableau. That is not what I’m looking for.

I want to be able to track user behavior that uses a Tableau dashboard that I created.

Meaning, I want to know where the user clicked on my dashboard, in which order, create a heat map etc.

Did someone manage to do that? Is so, how?

Shelly

Hi,

That’s something new noone asked before :slight_smile:

As long as you can insert arbitrary Javascript into your site, you should be able to track it with Matomo.
You might also want to take a look at https://developer.matomo.org/guides/spa-tracking as Tableau is probably a single page application.

I don’t know Tableau at all, so I don’t know if they allow you to modify the application to your needs, but that is something you probably need to ask their support.

I think the only way to achieve this would be to embed your Tabealu report into an iframe on your own website and then add the Matomo tags onto that website and control it that way

I’d be very suprised if you can embed custom JS into the tableau server application itself

Hi @Bluebird63
Matomo can’t track the content of an iframe.