Installing Piwik with 5.3.23-1~dotdeb.0

Hello,

I am trying to install piwik on my server running Debian 6.0 (Squeeze). I installed the PHP version 5.3.23-1~dotdeb.0 from the dotdeb repository in order to be able to use php5-fpm. I’ve installed succesfully nginx, php5-fpm and MySQL. Running the PHP test script on the server shows that I’ve also succesfully installed the mysql and mysqlnd extensions (from the package php5-mysql).

However, the problem is that when I’m trying to run piwik, it complains that I need to install the php5-mysqli or pdo-mysql extension. As far as I know, that’s what I have already done. What should I do to convince piwik that this is indeed the case?

are you sure in your php.ini file you have uncommented everything you need to, such as the mysqli.so line and so on? Just because it says you have Mysql does not mean mysqli is available. Or you can do the same with the pdo option.

Load up a phpinfo();

Probably it will not contain mysql ?

[quote=vwyoda]
are you sure in your php.ini file you have uncommented everything you need to, such as the mysqli.so line and so on? Just because it says you have Mysql does not mean mysqli is available. Or you can do the same with the pdo option.[/quote]

Turns out this was the case. I just had to enter

extension=/...path.../mysql.so

in my php.ini. Well, chalk up the last hour or so to my stupidity. I thought that it was included in the mysql extension already.

Most things you will have to uncomment in your php.ini even you install some php-* package. It depends on your distro what is “enabled” by default past the vanilla .ini that comes from upstream.