Installation: System Check not successfull

I tried to install Piwik 0.45 on my local XAMPP Lite 1.7.2! Server (Appache + MySQL). But the problem starts on the 2nd step, the SystemCheck:

There’s this Errormessage:

Piwik requires either the mysqli extension or both the PDO and pdo_mysql extensions.

On a Windows server you can add the following lines to your php.ini:

extension=php_mysqli.dll
extension=php_pdo.dll
extension=php_pdo_mysql.dll

[attachment=148:Piwik___…71221720.png]

To make sure all extensions which are needed are running I started this skript:

<?php
print_r(get_loaded_extensions());
?>

The result contains: mysql [40] => mysqli [41] => PDO [42] => pdo_mysql [43]
The whole report can be found as a attachment.

I have read that there were those problems with a older version of Piwik but now they should be solved. So I haven’t found the line

// $sDir = escapeshellcmd($sDir);

and I can’t remove it…

How can I make the installation running?
Thank you for your help
shef

Somewhere around line 1350 of 0.4.5’s core/Piwik.php, there’s a call to escapeshellcmd(). Just remove that line (or comment it out as in the example given).

Now it works. I missunderstood core/Piwik.php, I thought it means the piwik.php file in the root. Piwik’s a great tool

Thank you very much

Hi there,
I just downloaded and tried to isntall piwik 1.5.1 (newest version to date) and am getting the same error:

=================================
Piwik requires either the mysqli extension or both the PDO and pdo_mysql extensions.

extension=php_mysqli.dll
extension=php_pdo.dll

More information on: PHP PDO and MYSQLI.

I tried searching for the string “escapeshellcmd” in all files in the entire piwik directory, and couldnt’ find it.

Please help!

Thanks very much in advance.

you need to install either the mysqli extension, OR both the PDO and pdo_mysql extensions.

the mysql extension (without the “i”) is not supported by Zend Framework.

I think both mysqli and pdo_mysql extensions are installed already.

Under my C:\PHP\ext folder there are two files named php_mysqli.dll and php_pdo_mysql.dll. Do I have to do anything else to “install” these other then checking off the extensions during the PHP install process?

Piwik is installed on my F: drive and PHP is installed on my C: but that shouldn’t matter… :S

Any suggestions?

Thanks again.

your php.ini file has to be configured to load the extensions (as shown above)

check your web server error log; perhaps something isn’t loading properly

Hi all:
I tried to install piwik 1.6 on my server, but it cann’t pass the second step system check.There was not any error information but only a blank page.
Can any one tell me what the problem and how can I fix the problem.
Thanks a lot.

Hello Cloga,

Sounds like the traditional “White Screen Of Death”… Usually it means there is to little memory on the server. Try and increase that and try again.

/Hans Roberto

Cloga, please check your web server error logs, what is the error displayed there?

After I update the piwik to 1.7 and php to 5,3 , piwik is ok,

Hi there,
I just downloaded and tried to isntall piwik 1.9.2 (newest version to date) and am getting the same error:

=================================

extension=php_mysqli.dll
extension=php_pdo.dll

More information on: PHP PDO and MYSQLI.

I tried searching for the string “escapeshellcmd” in all files in the entire piwik directory, and couldnt’ find it.

Please help!

Thanks very much in advance.