Installation Problem: Blank Page

Hello,

there’s a problem with installing Piwik 1.0 on my web server. After uploading the current package files I navigated to my installation location: Firefox and Internet Explorer are showing blank pages. It seems that no content is leaving the web server.

There are no error lines in the browsers, in the logs - nowhere. Displaying and reporting errors is enabled.

So I tried debugging the problem by shifting

echo "Here I am";

through the lines of index.php.

The following code block doesn’t generate any output:

if(!defined('PIWIK_ENABLE_DISPATCH') || PIWIK_ENABLE_DISPATCH)
{
	$controller = Piwik_FrontController::getInstance();
	$controller->init();
echo "Here I am";
	$controller->dispatch();	
}

So, there is any error with

$controller->init();

, but I don’t know how to fix it, because there is no error message at all.

Do yo need any further information?

FYI: The same error appears with the current SVN checkout.

Can you check your web server log file?

I can’t see any obvious cause in the code.

[quote=urkel]Hello,

there’s a problem with installing Piwik 1.0 on my web server. After uploading the current package files I navigated to my installation location: Firefox and Internet Explorer are showing blank pages. It seems that no content is leaving the web server.

There are no error lines in the browsers, in the logs - nowhere. Displaying and reporting errors is enabled.

So I tried debugging the problem by shifting

echo "Here I am";

through the lines of index.php.

The following code block doesn’t generate any output:

if(!defined('PIWIK_ENABLE_DISPATCH') || PIWIK_ENABLE_DISPATCH)
{
	$controller = Piwik_FrontController::getInstance();
	$controller->init();
echo "Here I am";
	$controller->dispatch();	
}

So, there is any error with

$controller->init();

, but I don’t know how to fix it, because there is no error message at all.

Do yo need any further information?

FYI: The same error appears with the current SVN checkout.[/quote]

Thanks for your answer. There’s no line in the log files which refers to the problem, absolutely nothing.

Meanwhile I tried disabling compression, setting all security related PHP configuration options off. Nothing has changed, still showing a blank page.

Problem solved: Testing version 0.4.6 showed an error message: SPL extension is missing! By adding this extension to PHP version 1.0 is working without problems.

Thanks. We have a catch-22 here because the installer uses Spl indirectly (via HTML/QuickForm2). We’ll fix this in a future release.

Hi,

I`m having the same problem but with version 1.5. What I need to do?

Hi

I have the same symptoms but have narrowed it down slightly:

If I do a clean unzip of latest.zip, I can access the first page. After clicking NEXT I get a blank page. I compared a before and after on the directory, and found that if I delete the core/lic.log that is created, I can access another page.
Then, after another page, it creates the log again, and once again I get a blank page. No errors in apache error logs, no errors on screen. Every time I delete the lic.log, I can get to another page.

Any ideas?

Kind regards
Johan

Johan, you have downloaded the infected piwik version!! Please see: Security Report: Piwik.org webserver hacked for a few hours on 2012 Nov 26th - Analytics Platform - Matomo

delete all files on your server, restore from backup, and install latest piwik