Install new plug-in

Hi, im trying to install new plug-in. I download the plugin, unzip and upload to server under piwik/plugins. The problem is when i visit Piwik admin interface to install the plugin it show error: “Unable to load plugin ‘contao-2.9.4’ because ‘C:\Program Files\eclipse\workspace\piwik_analytics/plugins/contao-2.9.4/contao-2.9.4.php’ couldn’t be found. You can manually uninstall the plugin by removing the line Plugins[] = contao-2.9.4 from the Piwik config file.”. Can someone guide me step by step?

Thanks a million!

I’ve never tried to install a plugin manually but I’d try to rename the folder to the name without the version.

[quote=“Thomas Seifert”]
I’ve never tried to install a plugin manually but I’d try to rename the folder to the name without the version.[/quote]

Yes, i always do the same as you Thomas.

@Michael, I think you’d better try to rename the folder first. Give it a try Michael.

Hi all,

I try to rename the folder without the version but still not solve the problem.

You need to install Contao in a directory outside of Piwik. Contao is a separate, standalone web app –
it is not a Piwik plugin and as you can see, isn’t recognized as one.

There may be a plugin/extension for Contao that integrates with Piwik. If so, that plugin would likely be installed in the Contao directory.

Thanks a million for your reply.

That mean after i download need to put outside of Piwik. Can you guide me how to install outside of Piwik? its is visit Piwik admin interface?

Do you know the link since you said there may be a plugin/extension for Contao that integrates with Piwik?