Increasing Widget Size Question

The widgets extend vertically fine, but it seems like data is simply cut off at the horizontal borders of a widget.

Is there any way to have custom widget dimensions? For example what if you wanted a widget that takes up 2 of the piwik dashboard columns or all three even?

I know the widgets by definition are supposed to each contain a small amount of data, which is the point of the modular setup, but it would be very convenient to have control of this.

Thanks!

Cede

Also heres an excerpt from one of the dev pages leading me to believe they intended to implement this functionality.

Its found here:
dev.piwik.org/trac/wiki/UI_specif

The homepage in piwik is the Dashboard that

* is made of widgets
* is customizable like netvibes/igoogle (add/remove widgets, move widgets in the dashboard)
* has multiple columns, the widgets have different heights ; number of columns customizable
      o the number of columns is FIXED (even when resizing the window to a small width, the widgets should stay on the same line)
      o the dashboard should handle when the window is resized (eg for width=800 or width=1600 it should occupy 100% of the screen width) 

* handles the multiple columns widget (eg a widget can be 1 column or 2 columns or 3 columns)

The bolded text is the part that makes me believe it should be possible, but browsing the forums I haven’t noticed any solutions.

SOLVED …sorta

Okay we found a workaround for this, however it doesn’t allow multiple sized widgets.

In the dashboard folder (found in the plugins folder) theres a percentage parameter in the .css file, its defaulted to 33%, changing it to 100 percent will cause the widgets to fill up the entire page horizontally. This defeats most of the modularity of Piwik but if you want a very large widget in piwik, you can do so with this.

Apologies for bumping up this old one. I’d like to have my widgets in fullsize as well and tried this workaround but no luck (Piwik 1.5).

Is it possible at all to display the widgets in fullsize horizontally?

[quote=cede]
SOLVED …sorta

Okay we found a workaround for this, however it doesn’t allow multiple sized widgets.

In the dashboard folder (found in the plugins folder) theres a percentage parameter in the .css file, its defaulted to 33%, changing it to 100 percent will cause the widgets to fill up the entire page horizontally. This defeats most of the modularity of Piwik but if you want a very large widget in piwik, you can do so with this.[/quote]

I’ve been searching the discussions, but haven’t seen anyone post about a solution. Widget sizing still seems to be a problem - I have an extremely tiny Live visitor map and changing parameters in the code (width, height) doesn’t change anything. Has anyone solved this?

Would changing the dashboard layout to be a one column layout, solve this issue?