We recently upgraded our Matomo PROD/QA instances to v4.2.1 from v3.14. After the upgrade, we have started noticing issues with visits count for a particular site. Here are some of the facts:
- The particular site visit data is uploaded using the Log Analytics script.
- We checked the Matomo MySQL database table
matomo_log_visitand noticed that the numbers are correct there but the Matomo UI shows drastically lower numbers. Eg: Before upgrade on 3rd May 2021, the visits count was 2230 but the day after the upgrade the number dropped to 354 and has stayed in the range ~200-300 since as opposed to ~2000-3000 before upgrades.
- We tried running archival but to no avail.
- We checked the logs and no noticeable errors were seen.
Some steps we tried to fix the issue:
- We tried running the archive script as follows:
./console core:archive --force-all-websites --force-all-periods --force-date-last-n=1000 --url=YOUR_MATOMO_URL_HERE
- Migrated the site in question to our QA instance of Matomo – Issue persists
- Created a new site, uploaded the same logs using log-analytics – Seems to show the correct visits