Inconsistent Pageviews

Hello,

Please find attached two screenshots of the same website. One is for the date range 2015-03-01 – 2015-04-29, and the other is 2015-03-01 – 2015-04-30.

You would expect the number of page views in the latter to be at least as high as the former, as the former’s date range is entirely within the latter’s.

While the graphs look correct (they are both very similar), the actual number of visits, pageviews and unique pageviews are wrong. There are 10,956 pageviews in the greater range, but 26,694 in the narrower range.

Why the inconsistency?

Many thanks,
Paul

Hi Paul,

This looks like a bug for sure. Can you reproduce this issue? Maybe even reproduce on http://demo.piwik.org ?
What version of Piwik are you using?

If you can reproduce please consider create a bug report directly at: Issues · matomo-org/piwik · GitHub

it would be great to get to the bottom of this: reliable metrics are key for Piwik!

Just checking to see if this issue was ever resolved …? All of a sudden, I’m seeing a drastic reduction in unique pageviews - although pageviews remain at the same levels. Visit and unique visitor numbers are also way down.

We’re using Piwik version 2.14.2.

Thank you,
Lisa

Hi there,

Feel free to try again installing with the latest 2.15.0 beta version which includes many fixes and improvements, see: I would like to test early beta and RC releases, how do I enable automatic updates to use these development versions? - Analytics Platform - Matomo

If you still have a problem (with the new data - in the future), please create an issue on our tracker