Important basic feature missing

I am sincerely disappointed that one very very important feature is just missing - page views. It is misleading to say that Piwik tracks pageviews. All the stats are centred around visitors, and while counting visitors is an important metric, in my situation pageviews are more important, because in my situation pageviews generate money, and not visitors. I would simply prefer to see everywhere pageviews instead of visitors. I need to know how many pageviews a certain section of my website generates, so that I can sell a sponsorship in that section, or advertising banners, but it is completely impossible with Piwik. Although the scripts track page views, that information is hardly accessible, and the information provided in Piwik is very limited. It is impossible to see, for example, how many pageviews a certain section generated over a certain period of time, only visitors. I will continue relying on Awstats…

Its not missing, its called “actions” and easily accessible for me in piwik.

Yes, I’ve seen actions, and I tried to find basic stats about, but nothing.

Let me politely rephrase my first post…

It is misleading to say that Piwik tracks pageviews. All the stats are centred around visitors, and while counting visitors is an important metric, in my situation pageviews (or actions) are more important, because in my situation actions generate money, and not visitors. I would simply prefer to see everywhere actions instead of visitors. I need to know how many pageviews/actions a certain section of my website generates, so that I can sell a sponsorship in that section, or advertising banners, but it is completely impossible with Piwik. Although the scripts track pages views, that information is hardly accessible, and the information provided in Piwik (the ACTIONS, as you nicely point out) is very limited. It is impossible to see, for example, how many actions (pageviews) a certain section generated over a certain period of time, only visitors. I will continue relying on Awstats…

IMO you are still wrong.
In the actions tab of piwik I see quickly how many actions / unique actions have there been for a given part of the site and the timeframe can be selected on top of the page.

Its surely now shown instead of visitors everywhere but that information is available.

I have to agree with the OP. Combining everything into actions is not desirable. Real pageviews should be displayed as prominently as visits and should be tracked separately. The website overview page even goes so far as to give a pageview stat that isn’t real pageviews. It’s actions.

Pageviews is a pretty damn important stat, especially if you are selling adspace on your site. Right now it’s extremely inconvenient to try and figure out the real page views of your site. When you also consider that the vast majority of stats programs count/display pageviews as pageviews and don’t combine them with page actions, it’s too confusing to everyone that might be interested in using piwik.

IMO, this needs to be addressed is piwik has any hope of getting a broader install base. As much as I find piwik pretty decent, I’m starting to look for an alternative and that’s one of the reasons.

This feature request has already a ticket: Add sparklines and stat for Page views, Downloads and Outlinks separately · Issue #1454 · matomo-org/matomo · GitHub