Identify Visitors by ID among multiple domains

Hi,

I’m hoping you can help me figure this out on how it can be done with your current product.

What I need is a consistent visitor tracking by an id (can be manually set or can reuse the id the system already uses). Basically when a visitor comes to the website for the first time, an id will be set in their cookie. And when the visitor comes the next day, the cookie will identify the visitor as the same one from before based on the id they have in their cookie. And log all activity for the user in the same id. In the report, the visitor’s activities will be grouped and shown as one under their id. IP can be displayed as well as additional information but visitor’s log will be tracking them by their id.

Now second criteria is the domains. Let’s say the user goes to one website (demo.org) and then he goes to a second website (test.org). Both are my domains. And I want to track the visitor’s activities under his id (same id to be used for both website’s tracking) with a column identifying which domain that activity was in.

Any way these can be done currently in the product’s latest version? Would really appreciate it if you can help me identify how. I think you had the first criteria working before but the FAQ does not match the source code’s comments making me wonder if it will work. Second criteria I’m not sure was there before. Any instructions on both will be very much appreciated.

Kind Regards,
plague

What I need is a consistent visitor tracking by an id
See our feature request User ID: http://dev.piwik.org/trac/ticket/3490

Cool. So I have to wait till the ticket becomes a feature?

Will it work across multiple domains (with the same SiteID set in the tracker) or will it be limited to single domain? If it can work across multiple domains and we can identify the domains from request data in the report, that would be fantastic. It would satisfy both my criterias.