I want to add my WordPress website to Motomo

Hey Fellas, It’s Mery here.

I’m Willing to add motomo analytics to my website, Just to have better analytics statistics. My Website is on WordPress related to kitchen blog http://homekitchenary.com/ Jetpack and Google analytics shows huge difference in them. I can not rely upon them, as there is big difference in analytics jetpack and google analytics. I want to attach Motomo to my website. May I know what is the procedure for adding the WordPress website to motomo? I’m someone previously must have an experience with it. Kindly help me out here.

Hi,

The easiest way would be trying out the brand-new beta plugin of Matomo in Wordpress:

Or you could install Matomo as explained in https://matomo.org/docs/installation/ and then track your data there.

Thanks Lukas winkler. Any thorough article or youtube to set up this plugin would be appreciated. As I do not belong to web development background

There isn’t yet a youtube tutorial video, but installation should be really trivial.

Maybe @RonanChardonneau has time to create a short video.

Hi Lukas,

Yesterday I’ve installed plugin of Matomo but I don’t see any data in the dashboard.
I’ve also created a tag.
Do I need to do a specific setup after the installation ?

Thanks,
Francesco

On the getting started page, you should be able to configure the tracking code to be added to the website.

grafik

I’ve configured the tracking code.
The tracking code is enabled.

Matomo

Hi,

I’ve installed the new version 0.1.7 but I don’t get any data.
With the previous version (0.1.6) I got a message saying the plugin had a technical problem (cron).

At the moment I’ve deactivated the plugin.
I’ll wait for some news in order to know if I can keep or delete the plugin.

Thanks.

Hi,

Can you check in the diagnosis section when the archiving job is running?

Matomo only displays reports after they have been processed which is done in the background by the Wordpress cron.

But you should be able to see the visits in the visitor log immediately.

I’ve activated the plugin and I got a new message saying the site has a technical problem:

Un errore di E_ERROR è stato causato nella linea 577 del file /home/ecostilibh/www/wp-content/plugins/matomo/app/core/CronArchive.php. Messaggio di errore: Uncaught Exception: 1 total errors during this script execution, please investigate and try and fix these errors. in /home/ecostilibh/www/wp-content/plugins/matomo/app/core/CronArchive.php:577

Stack trace:

#0 /home/ecostilibh/www/wp-content/plugins/matomo/app/core/CronArchive.php(570): Piwik\CronArchive->logFatalError(‘1 total errors …’)

#1 /home/ecostilibh/www/wp-content/plugins/matomo/app/core/CronArchive.php(318): Piwik\CronArchive->end()

#2 /home/ecostilibh/www/wp-content/plugins/matomo/app/core/Access.php(628): Piwik\CronArchive->Piwik{closure}()

#3 /home/ecostilibh/www/wp-content/plugins/matomo/app/core/CronArchive.php(319): Piwik\Access::doAsSuperUser(Object(Closure))

#4 /home/ecostilibh/www/wp-content/plugins/matomo/classes/WpMatomo/ScheduledTasks.php(203): Piwik\CronArchive->main()

#5 /home/ecostilibh/www/wp-content/plugins/matomo/classes/WpMatomo/Admin/SystemReport.php(59): WpMatomo\ScheduledTasks->archive(true)

#6 /home/ecostilibh/www/wp-content/plugins/matomo/classes/WpMatomo/Admin/SystemReport

Any chance you could enable WP_DEBUG and WP_DEBUG_DISPLAY to maybe get some more information? See eg Using WP_DEBUG – Make WordPress Support

While setting up cron job you need to follow the following steps:

Step 1: Install WP Control Plugin
Step 2: View and Understand Cron Events
Step 3: Edit Cron Event
Step 4: Adding a Custom Time Interval
Step 5: Adding a New Cron Event

If you are still having issue while setting up WordPress cron then you may go through this tutorial.