I don't understand the output of Users Flow at all!

I have just installed the User Flow plugin to our self hosted Matomo 4.7 instance.

All our Matomo data is collected from the nginx server logs - we have no javascript tracking enabled.

I have set the report interval to 1 week. Visits Overview says we have 1300 visits and 20,000 page views.

Users flow says “There is no data for this report”.

If I switch to this this month, visitors says 1,117 visits, 17,000 page views.

Users flow now shows 2 sets of interactions, 13 visits, 4 proceeded, 9 exits. 1 is 4 failed attempts to login, and the other is 4 items showing the same page.

Where did the other 1,100 visits and 17,000 page views go?

@karthik @innocraft, I moved the topic to the Premium feature… Any idea?

1 Like

Hi @nikkilocke ,

As the plugin is just installed, it does not process the historical data automatically, however it is possible to re-process the data manually, could you please try to invalidate and reprocess the data https://matomo.org/faq/how-to/faq_155/ and check if the data matches. If you have more questions regarding Usersflow, please get in touch with our support team at shop@matomo.org

Can you first confirm that doing this will not lose all my data that is no longer in the nginx logs (because they have been deleted)?

Elsewhere (on this forum, I think) I read that User Flow automatically uses historical data. Might be nice to document this step in the User Flow instructions?

It won’t. « Re-process » will just reset the compiled / aggregated data (the one used for reports, user flows and so on), it won’t affect the collected data at all.

1 Like

Thankyou very much. Now all done (and upgraded Matomo). The reports have a lot more data in them now (though I haven’t made much sense of them yet).

1 Like