HTTP/2 Creating Critical Error on Website

Hello. I upgraded my server to http/2 and am now getting this error: There has been a critical error on this website. Please check your site admin email inbox for instructions.

I have upgraded permissions on the relevant folders on the server. Can someone please tell me how to fix this issue?

Thanks in advance,

Mitchell

Hi,

Where exactly are you getting this error? Neither of these sentences seems to appear in the Matomo source code.

Hello Lukas,

I simply click on the reporting link in the Matomo section of WP and get the error: There has been a critical error on this website. Please check your site admin email inbox for instructions.

Thanks,

Mitchell

It seems like this error message is coming from Wordpress (maybe an issue in the Matomo wordpress plugin).

Can you check your webserver log (or your site admin email inbox) for a more specific error message?

Yes, it is a WP error. Where are the webserver logs kept so I can check?

Thanks,

Mitchell

Hi,

That depends on how you or your webhost have set up the webserver.

Hi,

This is from the error log:

PHP Warning: file_put_contents(/var/cpanel/php/sessions/ea-php74/.r12yBHYgXXhO7G8IXvKWi9MmFy1F4Cdwd3oXai9afqXgFAiH0J76uYRXgUUmJU6U.am.php): failed to open stream: Permission denied in /home/trailers123/public_html/r12yBHYgXXhO7G8IXvKWi9MmFy1F4Cdwd3oXai9afqXgFAiH0J76uYRXgUUmJU6U.am.php on line 119
PHP Warning: mkdir(): File exists in /home/trailers123/public_html/r12yBHYgXXhO7G8IXvKWi9MmFy1F4Cdwd3oXai9afqXgFAiH0J76uYRXgUUmJU6U.am.php on line 4874
PHP Warning: file_put_contents(/var/cpanel/php/sessions/ea-php74/.r12yBHYgXXhO7G8IXvKWi9MmFy1F4Cdwd3oXai9afqXgFAiH0J76uYRXgUUmJU6U.am.php): failed to open stream: Permission denied in /home/trailers123/public_html/r12yBHYgXXhO7G8IXvKWi9MmFy1F4Cdwd3oXai9afqXgFAiH0J76uYRXgUUmJU6U.am.php on line 119

Is this helpful?

Regards,

Mitchell

Hi,

If you use the Wordpress Matomo plugin, then Matomo uses the sessions, etc. from Wordpress. So if this doesn’t work, then this is probably an issue with your Wordpress instance (I honestly don’t know Wordpress that well).

Also make sure that this isn’t some malware, but rather that there is a legitimate reason PHP wants to create files with such names in the public_html directory.