HowTo Track GoogleBase separate to Google Search

Hello,

first thanks for this very very good tracking tool!!!

My Questions is whether somebody has an idea how i can track visitors from google base entries seperate to the visitors from google search…

Is it possible to generate a campaign which I can track over JavaScript???

Thanks a lot in advance!

P.S. sorry for my bad english :s

Edit core/DataFiles/SearchEngines.php to identify Google Base as something else.

Campaigns don’t have to be pre-defined. Just add the campaign parameters to your landing page’s URL. See config/global.ini.php. (Writing more user docs is on the todo list…)

Thanks for your answer, but i have some questions :s

[quote=vipsoft @ Oct 12 2009, 11:51 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Edit core/DataFiles/SearchEngines.php to identify Google Base as something else.

hm i don´t know how to differentiate between Base and Google Search in SearchEngines.php :s

QUOTE (vipsoft @ Oct 12 2009, 11:51 AM]Campaigns don't have to be pre-defined. Just add the campaign parameters to your landing page's URL. See config/global.ini.php. (Writing more user docs is on the todo list...)[/quote]

is it possible to Track Anchors???
e.g. www.domain.com/test.html#campaign=base
Because of URL-Rewrite i´m not able to add ?piwik_campaign=Adwords-CPC

Thanks a lot!!!

I don’t have a Google Base referer url for reference, so I can’t provide any more specifics.

No, our JavaScript doesn’t grab campaign info from anchors. You should be able to use query parameters, even if it’s a static html page.

[quote=vipsoft @ Oct 12 2009, 06:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I don’t have a Google Base referer url for reference, so I can’t provide any more specifics.

As I know the referer from GoogleBase is the same as from GoogleSearch…

QUOTE (vipsoft @ Oct 12 2009, 06:27 PM]No, our JavaScript doesn't grab campaign info from anchors. You should be able to use query parameters, even if it's a static html page.[/quote]

Thanks a lot,

i changed my whole SEO-Code so that i can add ?piwik_campaign=XXX to my URLs. I Also change my GoogleBase export and now it works.
Thanks a lot!