How to remove 0 second visits from stats?

I see in the visitor log that sometimes there are 0 second visits - and these 0 second visits are counting towards the “unique visitors” number and inflating it artificially higher.

Is there a way to remove the 0 second visits from the stats? These shouldn’t count at all.

Also, even when someone searches for my site in google and doesn’t click on my url, it shows in the visitor log as a 0 second visit.

By having a component to remove the 0 second visits will help to give the most accurate visitor numbers.

Thanks in advance

Can you please post a visitor log example of such behavior? It shouldn’t happen as 2 requests technically should arrive to Piwik a few seconds appart

hi,

here is some screenshots of the issue - I see this very often in my visitor logs.

also, how do I export the visitor log? It will not accept the .csv or excel format as attachment. I have a log here

the 0 second error happens often

Oh sorry I didn’t undestand your questions. 0s visit mean that the visitor have visited only one page and we don’t know how long they stayed on this page.

You can export visitor log in CSV or TSV. Try with 1.8 RC: 301 Moved Permanently

why does piwik not know how long a visitor stayed on the page? I am tracking every page on my site so it should be showing how long the visitor is there

is it because they have not allowed cookies or something?

See: Support Ping requests to report a better 'time on page' · Issue #2041 · matomo-org/matomo · GitHub

so, as I am aware, this feature is yet to be added in completely?

I think you should show the visitor time on page, even if they leave the window open

There should at least be an option to choose whether visitors who leave the window open should count or not

if it is 0 seconds, it tells us absolutely nothing about the engagement at all. There are too many 0 seconds in piwik just now and it is actually embarrasing this is not sorted

The main question:
“how to measure time of visit, even if the visitor stays on the landing page the whole visit”,
was solved soon after the last post.