How to recover admin's password

Hello, I’m using this great tool, but I have a problem, I don’t remember my password, I tried to find it, directly in the database through SQL queries, but it doesn’t work.

As I told you, I’m a new user and I didn’t configure the mailing capability yet in the tool, so I can’t recover the password by this way.

So, does anybody knows, how can I recover my admin password?, thank you.

I hope you can help me guys

That database stores an md5 hash of your password.

Check to see if you have the ‘md5sum’ program on your server. You can use that to generate the hash for a new password, and then update your database with that value.

[quote=vipsoft @ Aug 10 2009, 07:04 PM]That database stores an md5 hash of your password.

Check to see if you have the ‘md5sum’ program on your server. You can use that to generate the hash for a new password, and then update your database with that value.[/quote]

Thanks for answering, my problem with your solution, is that, I don’t find the user “admin” y the Data Base, “Admin” is my super user but I can’t find it.

Does anybody know in what table could I find the Super User Admin, in order to change its password?.

Thank you

If your table prefix is “piwik_”, look in the piwik_user table.

I already look for it there, but the only user I can see is “Anonymous” the admin user is not there.

Right know, I can access to Piwik System, because I found an active session in one of my browers, but, I don’t find, where can I change the admin password.

do you know where can I change the password for admin.

Thanks

This should have been prompted for & created for you if you went thru all the set-up screens.

Can you delete your config.ini.php? Go thru the setup and select re-use existing tables.

[quote=vipsoft @ Aug 10 2009, 09:20 PM]This should have been prompted for & created for you if you went thru all the set-up screens.

Can you delete your config.ini.php? Go thru the setup and select re-use existing tables.[/quote]

I already fix it. I think that you answer is correct, but I found another way to do it.

As you told me , the config.ini.php file stores, the information about the “Super User”, so I looked for a md5 encrypter and I put it a new password, and I got a md5 string.

I copied this string and I replace the actual md5 string in the file for the new one.

I saved changes in the file and then I tried to log in whit the new password and it works!!! style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/rolleyes.gif style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/tongue.gif

Anyway, thank you for your help.

The encrypter I used is: http://www.md5encrypter.com/

Thanks

On Unix/Linux system you can get the MD5 hash of a string by using

printf ‘my_password’ | md5sum

[quote=Marcello @ Nov 19 2009, 02:16 PM]On Unix/Linux system you can get the MD5 hash of a string by using

printf ‘my_password’ | md5sum[/quote]

this is for mac:

printf ‘my_password’ | md5

you can try to google Password Genius

It may be helpful to know that Piwik apparently does not handle the user id in a case insensitive way.

This can be a problem when your web browser or password manager does…

I had same problem but the only user I can see is “unidentified” the admin user is not there.
I can access to Piwik System, because I found an active session in one of my browers, but, I don’t find, where can I change the admin password.