How to integrate piwik web analytical tool with pentaho BI tool

Hi Sir,

Can any one please guide me how i can integrate piwik web analytical tool with pentaho BI tool.

I am also not getting any idea where i need to start and how i can achieved this requirement.

Please help me if any one have idea and also provide me some guideline on this.

Thanx and Regards

Sam

(Matthieu Aubry) #2

Hello Sam,

To work with Piwik data in Pentaho first you can export the Piwik data to Pentaho.

This can be done by either calling the Web APIs described here: Piwik Analytics API - Analytics Platform - Matomo

Or you may also use direct database access to Piwik Mysql database: Database schema: API Reference - Matomo Analytics (formerly Piwik Analytics) - Developer Docs - v3

Hi Matt,

Thanx for your valuable response.i have few more question here…i really appreciate if you can help me on those question

1)Right now i am using oracle data base in pentaho .Is it possible to integrate with piwik database.
if yes than how i can achieved this,Please provide me some step what i need to follow and which file i need to modify.

1. can you please provide me more clarification on that point.
    you may also use direct database access to Piwik MySQL database:

3)Also provide me more detail how i can integrate pentaho with Piwik.what are the steps or file i need to modify and Is there any document how i can do this…