How to ignore visitorReferrer from payment gateways?

Hi,

On the Ecommerce log, sometimes the referrer website of an order is listed from one of my payment gateway. I understand this is coming from the last visited external URL of that session (after payment made). Is there a way to ignore these URL, and instead use the first external URL when the session was created (probably direct entry, or Google)?

Thanks.

@oxcid it looks like this is a missing feature maybe in Matomo. I would suggest to try configuring the URL/domain of the bank as a site URL and then it might work but configuring site urls is disabled in Matomo for WordPress since the blog url is automatically configured. If you are familiar with DB, you could probably try to configure this manually by adding an entry to wp_matomo_site_url like this

@thomas_matomo Thanks, I’m ok with DB. But I’ve just realized that the referrer text is not always the same as the referrer URL:

The text is the payment gateway, but the URL is pointing to my site. Just to confirm, which of these should I insert into the table?

Thanks.

I had the same issue with Matamo and still don’t know what form is better to insert into the table. I guess the second one from Oxcid’s pic is the more accurate option.

hi @DawidG

You don’t need to insert in database. You can do it from the matomo UI.
https://matomo.org/faq/how-to/how-do-i-add-a-referral-exclusion-in-matomo/

Regards

Thanks for the help! It seems pretty easy to work with Matomo though I’m a newbie in it. I’ve already checked how to exclude a referral in Matomo and it was easier than I expected. I like it. Reminds me of the times I worked with a payment gateway on my friend’s websites. It was easy to implement and to set up all the features on it. I still have there an online gaming merchant account because the website was about Diablo and related games on PC. Anyway, my friend has to exclude the visitorrferrer from his website too.

Hello,

We are using Matomo WordPress plugin, self hosted on our server.

We checked the link above and when we go to Admin/Settings > Measurables there is no option to manage anything or any other settings as I was led to believe there would be.

Is this option a part of a premium extension or does anyone know why we can’t use this option?

We really need to exclude PayPal as a referrer as whenever someone pays via PayPal we are getting mistaken attribution.

Many thanks!

Hi @Masidus

the feature you are looking for does not exist in the wordpress plugin.
We’ve created an issue for this topic

Please subscribe to this issue to get notified when it will be resolved.
Kind regards

Mat