How to download full Visitor Log for specific date

Hi, I’m new to Piwik, I’m trying to download the data that’s in the Visitor Log report. I like that set of data in there, and want to work with the raw data to do other things with it.

But when I try to use the “export dataset” option in the lower-left of the UI, it only gives me 250 records.

So what’s the best way to get all of those records? I’m starting to pick away at the API documentation, I assume I can pull it with that right? Can someone help point me in the right direction on this?

Thanks!

Hi there,

in the URL to “Export data” you can change the &limit parameter to value like 1000 or -1 which would return all data.

Thank you so much for your response Matt. I tried that and just get an error though.

In the URL to “Export data” in my webview, there is no “&limit” parameter included already. So when I added &limit=-1 I get this error:
“Error: You can’t access this resource as it requires an ‘view’ access for the website id = 101.” And then when I try to go back and try again I get 502 Bad Gateway errors for awhile.

here’s the format of the url in the “export data” for me:

/piwik/piwik/index.php?module=API&method=Live.getLastVisitsDetails&format=CSV&idSite=101&period=day&date=2015-02-20&expanded=1&translateColumnNames=1&language=en

Also, our Piwik is version 2.3.0 - does that matter? Is there another way I can get this?

Good.

Use: filter_limit

Instead limit

Have all documentation here:

http://developer.piwik.org/api-reference/reporting-api#Live

A greeting !!