How to detect (new) browser plugins?!

Hello guys,

this is my first post and I guess not my last style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wink.gif first of all I need to say that I really like piwik, I installed it a few days ago and had no troubles at all installing/using it.

Anyway, when it comes to modifying piwik I do have troubles (which I guess is normal as piwik seems biiig). As the topic says I am trying to detect a specific browser plugin which is currently not supported by piwik. To name it: unity3d. I don’t know if anyone knows it, it is a relatively new game-engine which comes with a webplayer (and surprise: a browser-plugin).

I was able to find the “detectBrowserPlugins” function in piwik.js and I think I adapted it correctly for my needs. The script should be able to tell if the unity-plugin is installed and if this is the case the information is stored in the “pluginsMap”. I really hoped this would be all I need to do and that everything else would work by “magic”. Well, it didn’t style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.gif
I would like to see the result in the piwik-interface but I have no idea how to get there. Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks for reading.

Greetz,
walfisch

you can search for ‘java’ or ‘quicktime’ in the code base, you should find how to do it

probably should have done this earlier - thanks. I searched for ‘quicktime’. (when searching for ‘java’ you get a lot of “javascript” entries). Anyway, I found out that i had to set up a new field in the database and somehow fill it with data (surprise!). I checked the db and the code for this seems to be working. Still, I can’t get this information to show up in the UI. The search for ‘quicktime’ also came up with this line:

...\piwik\config\manifest.inc.php (1 hits)
    Line 118:         "plugins/UserSettings/images/plugins/quicktime.gif" => array("846", "cbc04a296c783728345a2dea117b0390")

I added an image in the images/plugins folder, but that alone didn’t change anything. My guess is I will need an entry in the manifest.inc.php file as well, but I don’t know how to get there. It is a generated file - how can I “re-generate” ?

This is no high-priority topic but I would love to see this working. Thanks for your help!

edit: it’s working now, I don’t know why but suddenly it showed up in the UI (I didn’t change anything since my last entry). So basically all you need to do is “search for ‘quicktime’ in the code base, you should find how to do it”.

Greetz,
walfisch