How to create and archive custom reports

Hey there,

we are tracking some additional custom variables in tables log_visit and log_link_visit_action. Now I want to create some custom reports to analyze and display the custom values. I’ve already read a lot of the API reference multiple times and I’ve checked out the existing plugins. However, my archiving and reports are still not working and I keep getting a lot of errors like “there is no data to display”, “column ‘label’ does not exist for addDataTable()” (or similar). I think that I missed something. Currently I try to query some data, archive it and display it in my report.

Is there a tutorial, documentation, etc. out there which describes completely how you can query log data, create a custom report and archive that report? It’s very frustrating at the moment that my report/plugin isn’t working and I have no idea what’s going wrong.

edit:
Just for clarification: I tried to unterstand how other plugins like plugins\CustomVariables or plugins\UserId are dealing with querying data and archiving DataTables as records. For me it looks like there is no default approach for this process. Do I miss something? Do you know any plugin, that could serve as kind of a blueprint?

Thank you very much for any help!

Hey dsvens,
I am doing almost the same thing, if you found the solution for custom report can you please share the tutorial links or some guidelines on how can i make a custom report in piwik.

Good news: we have now released the Custom Reports feature for Piwik!

Custom reports lets you choose which dimensions and metrics you want to see. You can combine multiple dimensions (up to 3) and as many metrics as you need.
The custom reports can be emailed to your partners or customers, and have their own menu entry in the Piwik report list. You can even setup advanced filters to further customise the reports.

Learn more about the power of Custom Reports in the user guide: Custom Reports - Analytics Platform - Piwik
or FAQ: Custom Reports - Analytics Platform - Piwik

This premium plugin can be purchased here: https://plugins.piwik.org/CustomReports

and have a wonderful end of year!