How is information moved about within the architecture of PIWIK. I am completely new to it and learning on the fly.
Two theories not sure which one is right or if either are.
- Say you have three servers an A, B, and C
- both servers receive hits from an outside source
- Servers send the hits to a third server (MYSQL) server
- the Cron job (not sure if this is hosted by both A & B or not) grabs the hit information from the MySQL database and transforms them sending them off to PIWIK for display.
- There are three servers A, B, and C
- When a hit comes in it pushes it to a file (idk what this file would b, a tmp?)
- Cron grabs the hit info from the file and sends it to mysql. One of the servers that is hosting piwik grabs the information from the mysql server and displays the graphs.
Neither of these ways may be how PIWIK actually works at that level but any help would be awesome. To sum it all up we have virtual machines running piwik and the data is becoming corrupted. We don’t know how PIWIK fundamentally works. We would like to do:
Two webservers A & B with piwik and apache loaded on. Has config files which point to a third server the DB which houses all the information. Again, not sure on how it passes the info around if you have multiple servers
Any help would be appreciated! Feel free to PM me