How can I disable the Marketplace in the menu?

Hi,

since version 3.12.0 the Marketplace shows up in the menu. How can I disable it?

Greetings, Robert

According to How do I configure Matomo on a server without Internet? FAQ - Analytics Platform - Matomo

adding enable_marketplace = 0 to the General section of your config.ini.php

1 Like

Hello Lukas,

thanks for your answer, but that doesnā€™t work.

Greetings, Robert

Okay, thatā€™s really weird.

It is also not working for me, but even stranger it seems like that setting is gone since Piwik 2.16.1 and the proper way is now to simply disable the Marketplace plugin.

matomo/CHANGELOG.md at 3.x-dev Ā· matomo-org/matomo Ā· GitHub

Iā€™l forward the documentation issue.

1 Like

If I disable the plugin, the Marketplace doesnā€™t appear in the admin menu also. Thatā€™s not what I want. I just want to disappear it in the normal menu, so that other users donā€™t see it. Iā€™ve bought some plugins and Iā€™m looking in the Marketplace for new plugins sometimes.

I did a quick ā€˜nā€™ dirty hack and added

ul.navbar > li:last-child {display:none !important;}

at the end of /plugins/CoreHome/stylesheets/layout.css

Thanks for your help.
Robert

Just keep in mind that any css change will be overwritten in an upgrade. To make it permanent, create a simple theme with that css line:
https://developer.matomo.org/guides/theming

1 Like

@Lukas, thanks, Iā€™ll keep that in mind till the next update :slight_smile:

Hi,
what effect does the following setting have in release 3.12.0?

piwik_professional_support_ads_enabled = 0

I would like it if the marketplace entry were not thereā€¦

Hi,

The config option still exists:

You could also just disable the ProfessionalServices plugin.

Hi Lukas,

disabling the plugin does not help. As far as Iā€™ve seen, the marketplace is not interested in the config option.

Thanks and best regards

Hi,

If you want to remove the Marketplace, you need to disable the Marketplace plugin.

Can somebody explain why the marketplace plugin is added to the reports menu?
I saw the issue Show marketplace in reporting menu by tsteur Ā· Pull Request #14738 Ā· matomo-org/matomo Ā· GitHub.

As a user I could think that are reports of my ā€œownā€ marketplace/webshop?
In my opinion a visual differentiation from the reports menu can work or place it in the menu above.
I understand the reason to make it more available/visible, but in some cases you donā€™t want to show the plugins to users. But only for the superusers.

Thanks for everyone for your feedback. Could you create a Github issue on http://www.github.com/matomo-org/matomo/issues/ ?

Created two issues:

One for placing the Marketplace on a different menu:

One for the option to make the plugin not visible for users: