Help with Setting up Custom Dimensions and Tag Manager

Hello,

I have set up my own installation of Matomo on my server but I would like to know if someone in the community can help me to set up additional custom dimensions on my installation.

Please note, I am not asking for free help. I am willing to pay someone who knows what they are doing.

My Matomo installation is set up for the default of 5 custom dimensions but I need to increase it to at least 15 if not 20.

In addition, we have created custom dimensions in Google Analytics but I would like to duplicate these in Matomo.

Please see this short video I made explaining how it is set up:

So to review I need help with the following:

1. Increasing the number of custom dimensions from 5 to 20
  2. Setting up the custom dimensions similar to Google Analytics
  3. Setting up the custom dimensions to fire using Matomo Tag Manager

Again, please note I am not wanting free help but help from someone who knows what they are doing and I am willing to pay you.

Please let me know if you can assist.

Thanks,

Matt

1 Like

Hi Matt,
Sure, I made those two videos, does it help?

and I am ready for a talk at your convenience if needed.

1 Like

Ronan,

Thank you so very much for replying. I’ve watched your videos and they are very helpful however where I am stuck is I do not know how to connect to my server over SSH.

I am familiar with Cpanel and WHM (as I run my own VPS server) but I cannot figure out how to execute the commands to increase the number of custom dimensions.

I have tried to figure out how to install and configure an SSH client without success and my hosting company told me it would be easier to do it directly from WHM Terminal Client.

Can you possibly make a video showing me how to do this with WHM or if you do not have access I am willing to grant you access and I am willing to pay you for this.

I will await your reply. Once I get this down pat then I will go to the next step of creating the dimensions.

Thanks,

Matt

Shouldn’t you be able to execute the needed commands in the shown terminal window? I don’t know WHM, but Proxmox simply opens a noVNC connection to the server and you got yourself a /bin/bash.