Help needed - upgrade to 0.2.37 results in endless loop

I upgraded yesterday morning to 0.2.37 from 0.2.34 ( I believe that was the version ). Since then when I try to get to my main dashboard page all I get is an endless loop. In Firefox the message is:

Firefox has detected that the server is redirecting the request for this address in a way that will never complete.

A network capture shows that piwik returns a 302 code with the following as the location:
Location: index.php?module=CoreHome&action=index&idSite=1&period=&date=yesterday

It does the same thing until the browser gives up. If I change the module to CoreAdminHome I can get to the page to add disable/enable plugins and add/del users but I cannot get to the dashboard.

The original update was done via the web interface. Since then I have deleted all directories but the config directory and extracted the latest.zip but still no luck.

The redirect happens even from a computer that has never logged into piwik before and happens no matter what user I log in as.

Is there a way to go back to 0.2.34 without losing my current data or a way to fix this?

Thanks,
Brian

Please use the updated config/global.ini.php.

Thank you! Works now.