Has the ability to disable browser triggering been removed?

I’m going through this article: https://matomo.org/faq/troubleshooting/faq_19489/

But I cannot find “Disabling Browser Trigger” in the General Settings. Has it been moved, or removed?

Hi,

This is the setting the FAQ is referring to:

The FAQ could be worded a bit better and I’ll look into it.

Thanks Lukas for the screenshot, but I still have a problem. I don’t have that anywhere on my page.

I’m using the latest in the 3.x branch. Are there two configurations pages? I don’t have an Alerts or DDNS Settings option in my sidebar either.

Hi,

Are you using Matomo for Wordpress or the “normal” Matomo on-premise?

Those are by marketplace plugins.

On-premise. We migrated to an AWS EC2 server and are troubleshooting some loading issues with a few reports.

Which Matomo version are you using?

How does the “General Settings” page look for you?

Which Matomo version are you using?

Just upgraded to 3.14.1 earlier this week.

How does the “General Settings” page look for you?

Here is a screenshot. I removed our company logo and domain, but other than that this is a screenshot direct from Chrome.

Hi,

That’s interesting: You also seem to be missing the E-Mail settings and the i icon in the top right. (https://demo.matomo.org/index.php?module=Feedback&action=index&idSite=62&period=day&date=yesterday)

Are you by chance using any custom plugin that modifies some parts (in addition to the theme) or have you maybe disabled one of the core plugins?

Hmm. To be honest, I don’t use this installation much, but I don’t recall ever having seen the i icon in the top right.

It looks like all of the plugins are official.

Okay,

I found the solution:

The settings block is wrapped in a isGeneralSettingsAdminEnabled

And this again checks the following:

So in the General section of your config/config.ini.php there should be a enable_general_settings_admin that is disabled.

That worked. Thank you. I would have never caught that.

1 Like

hey, I’m very thankful to you for your kind information.