Google analytics import - remove limit

I am perplexed.
On matomo on premise, I was able to start importing google analytics on a test site that doesn’t have much traffic.

I am perplexed.
On matomo on premise, I was able to start importing google analytics on a test site that doesn’t have much traffic.

I see the data in the reports, although I don’t understand why some things import and some do not.
For example, it imports visits, visit time, country, resolution, time, pages, but not entry pages, exit pages.
Import the seach engines into the channels but not the websites

These are just a few examples of things I expected to imported without having to map the dimensions by hand
It seems strange to me with no import of referral sites for example

Furthermore, despite having reached less than 10,000 api calls, it has stopped (exactly 4 months of imported data).

Why? how do you remove this limit?

3 Likes

Seconded!

Matomo documentation says “Google imposes a daily limit on the number of API requests you can make each day (at most 50,000). The import will hit this limit after importing about 4 months of data where every day has data.”

But in the Google Cloud console it seems that the limit is consistently not reached:

Is it something that’s hardcoded in the plugin?

2 Likes

Hi @kal ,

As per Google

These quotas apply to the Analytics Reporting API v4 only:

• Number of requests per day per project: 50,000
  • Number of requests per view (profile) per day: 10,000 (cannot be increased)
  • Number of requests per 100 seconds per project: 2,000
  • Number of requests per 100 seconds per user per project: 100 (can be increased in Google API Console to 1,000 ).

Meaning 10K requests per property (view), it is not a limitation from the plugin.

3 Likes

Thank you very much for the reference! It was very useful and it definitely closes the issue.

Since the limit of 10K requests per view cannot be increased… that’s it. You got to take that into consideration when planning an export and that’s all.

For information, GitHub issue about documentation: