Google Adwords and Piwik Campaigns Integration

Hello, could someone please help me with Google Adwords and Piwik Campaigns Integration? I am confused as to how to set this up.

Thank you.

Hi pnommensen,

See this article here[/url] on how to set it up. Its pretty easy when you use their URL builder located [url=http://piwik.org/docs/tracking-campaigns/url-builder/]here

If you want more information feel free to ask. :slight_smile:

[quote=Mooash]
Hi pnommensen,

See this article here[/url] on how to set it up. Its pretty easy when you use their URL builder located [url=http://piwik.org/docs/tracking-campaigns/url-builder/]here

If you want more information feel free to ask. :)[/quote]

After reading that several times I think I understand now. So I input the link created by the url-builder into Google Adwords? The tutorial actually doesn’t state that (correct me if I’m wrong). Thanks :smiley:

Basically yeah. So as the URL that you want the Adwords Ad to send to, as in when they click on the add they’ll go to this URL, you create using the URL builder they’ve got there.

Hope this makes sense.

That’s super simple. Great. Is it possible to track which keyword is used?

Great, so I changed the settings in our adwords account. The links now looks like this : Volunteer in Haiti | Restavec Freedom Alliance, BEM Inc. . Is it possible to get rid of the gclid=… section of the URL in the Piwik analytics, thanks!

I made a post about doing this earlier today, if you have a look here it should help.

yeah i had a look there but nothing was clear could explain in brief

Maybe I have missed something…if so, then I apologise… adwords with autotagging enabled (its enabled in adwords by default), makes use of the google analytics campaign tracking parameters

Doesn’t Piwik also support the google analytics campaign tracking parameters?

See the Adwords/paid ads doc at Tracking Campaigns – Analytics Piwik - Analytics Platform - Matomo

Thanks matt, appreciate you pointing out the link regarding adwords.

Had hoped with Piwik recognizing the GA parameters that it may have been able to read them out of the adwords gclid parameter from the adwords autotagging
Unfortunately not the case