Global question/understanding around GA3/GA4 data importation

Hi dear community :slight_smile:

I’ve installed Matomo on one of my sub-domains (On-Premise), I’ve done what’s necessary on the Google API Console side, and just now I’ve started importing the GA3 data successfully.

For now I’m discovering with one simple domaine I have (on both GA3 and GA4, and both access with the same Google account (and same API console user).

1/ My first question: once it’s finished, if I do the same operation for GA4, will I have to create a new entity in Matomo, or will I be able to have all the data in the same site (without duplicating it)?

2/ My second question: while for GA3 the information specific to my account was easy to identify, for GA4 I have the impression that it only asks for the ID of the property, and when I give it I get an error (I’m setting the info in the following format :

properties/362874579 (fake ID here).

{ "reason": "SERVICE_DISABLED", "domain": "googleapis.com", "errorInfoMetadata": { "service": "analyticsadmin.googleapis.com", "consumer": "projects\/618669889921" }, "message": "Google Analytics Admin API has not been used in project 618669889921 before or it is disabled. Enable it by visiting https:\/\/console.developers.google.com\/apis\/api\/analyticsadmin.googleapis.com\/overview?project=618669889921 then retry. If you enabled this API recently, wait a few minutes for the action to propagate to our systems and retry.", "code": 7, "status": "PERMISSION_DENIED", "details": [ { "@type": "type.googleapis.com\/google.rpc.Help", "links": [ { "description": "Google developers console API activation", "url": "https:\/\/console.developers.google.com\/apis\/api\/analyticsadmin.googleapis.com\/overview?project=618669889921" } ] }, { "@type": "type.googleapis.com\/google.rpc.ErrorInfo", "reason": "SERVICE_DISABLED", "domain": "googleapis.com", "metadata": { "service": "analyticsadmin.googleapis.com", "consumer": "projects\/618669889921" } } ] }

About my question 2/
I had missing items from library.
GA4 import needs the following components :

• Google Analytics API

• Google Analytics Reporting API

• Google Analytics Data API

• Google Analytics Admin API

Still interested by question 1 answer, even if I begin to think this is not possible…

Error solved by adding some missing components from Google API console. To prevent from this error you shoud have :

• Google Analytics API

• Google Analytics Reporting API

• Google Analytics Data API

• Google Analytics Admin API

I’m still interested for question 1 answer even if I begin to think this is not possible

1 Like