Getting Mysqli prepare error: Access denied for user '****' to database '*****' - in plugin Goals error message

Just recently I have started to get the following error message:

Mysqli prepare error: Access denied for user ‘****’ to database ‘*****’ - in plugin Goals

I can now only use Matomo if I have the Goals plug-in deactivated, what can be done to solve this problem?

Hi,

This is most likely the same as

That doesn’t answer the question of how to fix the problem.

Your MySQL user needs the permission to CREATE TEMPORARY TABLES. So change your MySQL user to grant them the access.

(sorry, the error message is not helpful in this case)

But the MySQL user does have the permission to CREATE TEMPORARY TABLES so it must be something else?

After a lot of faffing about, I found that changing the php level from 7.3 to 7.1 it started to work again, I have no idea why this is, but at least it now works.

Hi,

There are a lot of people reporting more database issue after updating to PHP 7.2 or later.

One possible solution is to check in config/config.ini.php if MYSQLI is used as an adapter and if so, comment that line out so that the default of PDO is used instead.

That seems to have solved the problem, thanks

1 Like

I’m also facing the access problem in my database. You can see here the data of my website.

yes iam facing the same issue but cant find the real solution from anywhere even on youtube there is no single tutorial about it i need help from you guy if anyone know about it.