Geolocation missing DBIP/GeoIP2 (PHP) option

Until now, we used the Geolocation Provider “DBIP / GeoIP 2 (Php)”. Suddenly, assuming due to a former update, this option has disappeared

, and thus, none of these options seems to be set now - but the country/region/city lookup seems still working, as long as we don’t change something here of course…

Also, under “System Check”, under point “Geolocation”: The default location provider guesses a visitor’s country based on the language they use. This is not very accurate, so we recommend installing and using a geolocation database.

So I really don’t know what could have happened /changed, or what prerequisites have to be fulfilled for Matomo to show this Geolocation Option (again). On PHP level, we have activated the GeoIP Extension, as a phpinfo() also says:

## geoip

|geoip support|enabled|
| --- | --- |
|geoip extension version|1.1.1|
|geoip library version|1006009|

Also, we installed MaxMindDb extension:

## maxminddb

|MaxMind DB Reader|enabled|
| --- | --- |
|maxminddb extension version|1.8.0|
|libmaxminddb library version|1.4.3|

We are using Matomo 4.0.5, PHP 7.3, MariaDB 10.1 on Linux (Debian 9).

So can someone help me to get this back again into a consistent

Hi,

Do you have the GeoIP2 plugin enabled?

Yes, of course, the plugin is installed:

Could you check if the according location provider file exists:

plugins/GeoIp2/LocationProvider/GeoIp2/Php.php

Yes, it’s there! I’m still wondering how the mechanism works for deciding to show this option within Matomo Administration Page → Geolocation (or not).

Actually when the GeoIp2 plugin is activated it should always show the PHP provider

I have the same problem: the entry GeoIP2 (PHP) simply disapperared after upgrade from 3.x to 4.0.0 and in another instance to 4.0.5. The plugin is enabled and the file is there.

Same issue here! GeoIp2 plugin activated, plugins/GeoIp2/LocationProvider/GeoIp2/Php.php present but “DBIP / GeoIP 2 (Php)” option not available.

Running on Debian10 - Apache2.4.38 - MariaDB10.3.27 - php 8.0.5 - Zend Engine v4.0.5

|MaxMind DB Reader|enabled|
|maxminddb extension version|1.10.1|
|libmaxminddb library version|1.6.0|

|Matomo Version |4.2.1|
|Matomo Update History |4.1.1,4.0.3,3.14.1,|
|Matomo Install Version |Unknown - pre 3.8. |

Any hint?