Geographically distributed web site

Hi all, i haven’t found an answer looking into the forum so this is my question.
I have a web site geographically load balanced over two locations (2 server in one site and three server on the other site). The two sites are also connected through a dedicated line.
The traffic is quite high, about 100.000 visits/day, which spans over the 5 servers.
Should be possible to configure Piwik in order to collect statistics over the whole site for this particular scenario?

Yes Piwik will work fine in this scenario. You could host the Piwik in one location, and have the JS beacon hit the Piwik server (analytics.domain.com) for example

Also make sure to configure ass per How to Set up Auto-Archiving of Your Reports - Analytics Platform - Matomo

[quote=matt]
Yes Piwik will work fine in this scenario. You could host the Piwik in one location, and have the JS beacon hit the Piwik server (analytics.domain.com) for example

Also make sure to configure ass per http://piwik.org/docs/setup-auto-archiving/[/quote]

Great, i think we will do a try!
In our situation with about 60.000 visits and 1.500.000 page view per day, what should the dimensioning of the Piwik server installation ?

You should use a strong dedicated server, but hard to give a number, it depends on how it is setup and traffic patterns. Once you use Piwik for a few weeks, please remember to post in: 301 Moved Permanently

we will use this topic to alert all high power piwik users when new performance improvements are made in Piwik :slight_smile:

Pwik seems to be more promising than other analytics. One my client is using it and he is quite satisfied :slight_smile: