Full data for month view

When I look at at data for, say, actions>>pages in “day” view, I see all of the records. But when I switch to month or year view I only get the top 6 pages. Not much use for me. Any way to change this setting?

Thanks

[quote=yebaws @ Mar 1 2009, 02:21 PM]When I look at at data for, say, actions>>pages in “day” view, I see all of the records. But when I switch to month or year view I only get the top 6 pages. Not much use for me. Any way to change this setting?

Thanks[/quote]
OK, I am blatantly bumping this thread… .Can anyone tell me please if they have the same problem so I at least know if it’s just me or not - do you get less data for month view in actions>>pages?

Thanks…

Can you try increasing your php memory limit and checking your server logs for errors?

How do I increase my memory limit?

Re. server log errors - I know the data is all there in the database, because I can look at an individual day in the past and see a full list of page views, but when I go back to month or week view I only get the top 8 pages. Seems to me that there must be a config setting to change, but I can’t find it

Sorry, I haven’t seen this problem or others reporting it, so you have to provide more information if you want more help.

Your PHP memory limit is set in /etc/php.ini (or something close to that, e.g., /etc/php5/apache2/php.ini). Look for “memory_limit”.

The fact that you can see more data in your day view doesn’t rule out the need to inspect your server logs.

While we’re at it:

• * what is your Piwik version and OS?
  • * In config/global.ini.php, what do you have set for enable_browser_archive_triggering ? If false, have you set up your crontab?

[quote=vipsoft @ Mar 7 2009, 03:52 PM]Sorry, I haven’t seen this problem or others reporting it, so you have to provide more information if you want more help.

Your PHP memory limit is set in /etc/php.ini (or something close to that, e.g., /etc/php5/apache2/php.ini). Look for “memory_limit”.

The fact that you can see more data in your day view doesn’t rule out the need to inspect your server logs.

While we’re at it:

• * what is your Piwik version and OS?
  • * In config/global.ini.php, what do you have set for enable_browser_archive_triggering ? If false, have you set up your crontab?
[/quote]

enable_browser_archive_triggering is set to true
Piwik ver = 0.2.28
Don’t know that I have access to the server php.ini file, but I think I can set my own custom file - what value should I put in it? Actually, I seem to remember that there is a line I can put in a .php file and call it from a browser to get info on the php setup - any ideas what it is?

Thanks for your help…

[quote=yebaws @ Mar 7 2009, 07:00 PM]enable_browser_archive_triggering is set to true
Piwik ver = 0.2.28
Don’t know that I have access to the server php.ini file, but I think I can set my own custom file - what value should I put in it? Actually, I seem to remember that there is a line I can put in a .php file and call it from a browser to get info on the php setup - any ideas what it is?

Thanks for your help…[/quote]

I found the magic file with a quick Google - sorry for being lazy… Memory limit is 32 MB. I don’t suppose I’ll be able to change that with a custom ini file…

[quote=yebaws @ Mar 1 2009, 02:21 PM]When I look at at data for, say, actions>>pages in “day” view, I see all of the records. But when I switch to month or year view I only get the top 6 pages. Not much use for me. Any way to change this setting?

Thanks[/quote]
did you try to click on “include all populations” at bottom of the pages table?

that is already selected as the only option I have at the bottom is “exclude low population” Click that an I get “include all population” option.

I notice that the other boxes - like external websites and keywords have more options at the bottom, like “more data”, graphs etc.

Does anybody have more than 8 pages in week / month view for actions>>pages?

the other explanation could be that monthly stats don’t include today’s stats, and we know this is confusing and there is a ticket for this.

Don’t suppose you could give me a link to the ticket please? Haven’t been able to find it…

http://dev.piwik.org/trac/ticket/373

Thanks, but this doesn’t solve it for me. My data for week & month has a certain number of pages (about 8). The number of visits for those pages go up every day, but no new pages appear, despite there being many more in day view. It’s like the archive list of pages is set and now cannot be added to. I like the idea of this software but it’s just not working for me. Back to Google…

There was a fix committed in 0.2.29 relating to excluding low population.

Please upgrade to a newer Piwik version.

[quote=vipsoft @ Mar 15 2009, 02:07 PM]There was a fix committed in 0.2.29 relating to excluding low population.

Please upgrade to a newer Piwik version.[/quote]
Thanks,

I’ll try that.

[quote=vipsoft @ Mar 15 2009, 02:07 PM]There was a fix committed in 0.2.29 relating to excluding low population.

Please upgrade to a newer Piwik version.[/quote]
Hooray! It worked! Thanks. Anybody else with 0.2.28, upgrade

See our new page, which lists the various limits on historical data, number of websites, users, database size, when using Piwik: Data Limits Analytics