Freezes for 60 seconds Please help

A quick update of my adventures.

After many installs on two linux servers and deleting and rebuilding the sql database many times on on two servers as well. Spent hours on the phone with Godaddy. They tell me it is a third party script which they do not support. Oh yeah I did not find anything about this in the forum and have read a lot of the posts with no luck what so ever.

The website being tracked only has a couple hundred visitors per day so load is not a problem.

When I login, Piwik comes up but not all widgets will fill with data without a refresh but only after I wait 60 seconds. If I don’t wait it will freeze up and will unfreeze on its own after 60 seconds. If I click on the widget refresh button or click the Dashboard button it will freeze and I have to wait for 60 seconds before I can move on. If I click on Settings it will freeze every time. It is always 60 seconds.

This is installed at wiki.solar-electric-systems.com/piwik/

Here are the main two errors I get from the error log.

[Mon Aug 12 11:24:42 2013] [8106658] [fcgid:warn] (20014)Internal error: [client 70.178.13.92:51190] mod_fcgid: ap_pass_brigade failed in handle_request_ipc function, referer http://wiki.solar-electric-systems.com/piwik/index.php?module=CoreHome&action=index&idSite=3&period=day&date=today

[Mon Aug 12 11:24:54 2013] [8106658] [autoindex:error] [client 37.113.141.223:57564] AH01276: Cannot serve directory /var/chroot/home/content/58/8106658/html/solar-electric-systems.com/wiki/: No matching DirectoryIndex (default.html,default.htm,index.php,index.shtml,index.html,index.htm,home.html,home.htm,index.php5,welcome.html,welcome.htm) found, and server-generated directory index forbidden by Options directive, referer http://solar-electric-systems.com/

If anyone can help, Thanks,

Oh my, look at all the support!!! I would have never guessed that I would get so many replies to my question. Than you all for all the help you guys and gals have provided to help me with my simple problem. I should have been able to find the solution my self with no help but I’m just not a programmer and have to ask.

Problem solved, Unless you are an HTML programmer, People like me should use Google Analytics and forget unsupported programs.

• I wonder why Godaddy has this program in their list being it don’t work half the time and simple minded people whom can only build websites using simple code have no chance of using?

• Why don’t they remove it?

• I’ll have to ask them many times till they remove it or support it.

Hi,

This isn’t actually Piwik’s fault - it is actually a problem with your server and therefore hard for anyone here to troubleshoot for you. You would have better luck on a GoDaddy support forum.

Anyhow - here are my thoughts:

Your first problem appears to be that the fastcgi server has stopped handling requests. This would account for the 60 second timeouts. This seems to be a GoDaddy problem: http://support.godaddy.com/groups/web-hosting/forum/topic/fcgid-internal-error/ Perhaps your shared server is overloaded with websites? Contact GoDaddy support and ask them to give you an upgrade? Failing that simple pay more for your hosting and get a good server. If you are running a business then you should be buying proper hosting.

Your second problem is a general apache / website problem and again has nothing to do with Piwik. The error say "Cannot serve directory /var/chroot/home/content/58/8106658/html/solar-electric-systems.com/wiki/: " Do you have a link from the homepage to a wiki without an index file being in the directory? This would not cause server timeouts - but log an error after you clicked on the Wiki link.

Regarding your comments about Piwik being easy to use and the support you get. I’ve used 100’s of open source packages and frankly Piwik is easy to use.

I hope this helps,

James

There are hundreds of users using Piwik on godaddy. Sorry it does not work for you