File integrity

I have installed the package via FTP binary mode and I still get this appearing when trying to install. I have spent the best part of an hour refreshing the page and still no joy. Below is the messages I get.

File integrity check failed and reported some errors. This is most likely due to a partial or failed upload of some of the Piwik files. You should reupload all the Piwik files in BINARY mode and refresh this page until it shows no error. Details

File integrity check failed and reported some errors. This is most likely due to a partial or failed upload of some of the Piwik files. You should reupload all the Piwik files in BINARY mode and refresh this page until it shows no error.
File size mismatch: /home/webowner/public_html/administrator/components/com_piwik/piwik/plugins/Installation/templates/displayJavascriptCode.tpl (expected length: 523, found: 724)
File size mismatch: /home/webowner/public_html/administrator/components/com_piwik/piwik/plugins/Installation/FormDatabaseSetup.php (expected length: 2278, found: 2789)

Obviously not a forum where you get quick answers!!!

Sounds like a problem with your unzip utility or your ftp client, rather than the file itself.

I have used 7-zip and the Cpanels unzip utility, never had a problem with them before. I use FileZilla for the ftp and never had a problem before.

So I doubt it is one of them that is causing the problem.X(

File integrity check failed and reported some errors. This is most likely due to a partial or failed upload of some of the Piwik files. You should reupload all the Piwik files in BINARY mode and refresh this page until it shows no error.
File size mismatch: /home/webowner/public_html/administrator/components/com_piwik/piwik/plugins/Installation/templates/displayJavascriptCode.tpl (expected length: 523, found: 724)
File size mismatch: /home/webowner/public_html/administrator/components/com_piwik/piwik/plugins/Installation/FormDatabaseSetup.php (expected length: 2278, found: 2789)

manually check the filesize of the unzipped files that you are uploading from (presumably your windows pc), and re-upload only the affected files.

other users have reported problems with filezilla, so it may not be as reliable as you think.

Manually checked all files and re-uploaded all files (individually) again, still getting the same message.

Obviously not a good component to install, support sucks and will give my views via the Jextensions.

Sorry, but I verified the package and SVN, and many others have successfully unziped/installed Piwik.

Unfortunately there’s really nothing else we can do, unless you want to PM your hosting account’s url/login/password so someone else can try uploading the files for you.

Just so you know there is a problem when uninstalling Piwik:

Warning: implode() [function.implode]: Invalid arguments passed in /home/webowner/public_html/administrator/components/com_piwik/uninstall.php on line 16

vipsoft, did you get my PM?

Yes, I did.

The problem is in the Joomla extension by artd. They package an older version of Piwik (v0.9) and modified some of the files without updating the manifest that comes with Piwik.

As far as I can tell, you can ignore the warnings. After it installs, you should be prompted to upgrade to 1.2.

Well, i think you could be glad, that vipsoft answers one single question (to this third party component!), when you come in with this unfriendly manner. This is no enterprise support forum, but a “user helps another user” system. Or did you pay for the webanalytics tool, the joomla component or for support? If you didn’t, there is no justification for your demanding stance. How about talking to the supplier of the faulty joomla component? Wouldn’t that make much more sense?!

If you wish to have fast and precise answers from professionals, please see the page with the Piwik consultants and pay them some cash for their service!

First of all you know nothing about me and there is no justification for your rant. My stance is mine to be able to take as in Democracy so I advise you to keep your mouth shut.

How about talking to the supplier of the faulty joomla component? Wouldn’t that make much more sense?!
If I knew what the problem was I would have gone to the relevant supplier.

If you wish to have fast and precise answers from professionals, please see the page with the Piwik consultants and pay them some cash for their service!
When I find a plugin, module or component that is good plus free, I always donate money toward the developers to help them keep up the good work they do.

As I said before, you know nothing about me, take the foot out of your mouth.

Thanks for that. I downloaded the file from the Piwik site?

You should be able to still use the Joomla extension. Like I said, ignore the integrity warning, and then auto-update from the Piwik dashboard.

Ah! It’s getting better! (tu)

Knob head :S

[quote=mediaproweb]
Ah! It’s getting better! (tu)
[/quote] Seeing you are so clever, why is there no data being shown? see the link below for the forum on No Data.

http://forum.piwik.org/read.php?2,73017

If you can come up with the solution, I will stop calling you a knob head, deal? B)-

mediaproweb - for you…

To admit you were wrong is to declare you are wiser now than before.

All seems to be working now. (:smiley: