Fatal error: Interface 'Piwik\View\ViewInterface' not found in /piwik/core/View.php on line 34

selected auto-update from current stable release. After click on auto-update button i get:

Fatal error: Interface 'Piwik\View\ViewInterface' not found in /piwik/core/View.php on line 34

update:
after page refresh it shows everyting is ok. When browsing to /piwik i get:

Fatal error: Class 'Piwik\Plugins\CoreVisualizations\Visualizations\HtmlTable' not found in /piwik/plugins/CoreVisualizations/Visualizations/HtmlTable/AllColumns.php on line 31

update2:
after manual remove dir and manual untar and manual set permissions I get the same error as in auto-update

(Matthieu Aubry) #2

I’m not able to reproduce. Are you using Php 5.3 at least? have you uploaded all files including core/View/ViewInterface.php file

[quote=matt]
I’m not able to reproduce. Are you using Php 5.3 at least? have you uploaded all files including core/View/ViewInterface.php file[/quote]

running PHP Version 5.3.3-7+squeeze15

downloaded file to server and untar/unzip inplace .

update:
looks like it’s something with piwik vs xcache. So what is changed in this code that affects this as there was no problem with this before

(Matthieu Aubry) #4

It is possible indeed that there is a problem with xcache! restart the server it should fix it?

[quote=matt]
It is possible indeed that there is a problem with xcache! restart the server it should fix it?[/quote]
nope, tried that already.

clearing cache loads 1 page but when loading the page again the error is there again (except when clearing cache)

(Matthieu Aubry) #6

Can you try disable xcache completely? just to check the problem is from xcache.

yes, after turning off xcache the upgrade proces worked!

After turning it on again it shows the error on every part on homescreen of piwik!

Update when setting xcache like:

; per request settings
xcache.cacher =              off 
xcache.stat   =              On
xcache.optimizer =           On

it works again. But now xcache isn’t cache so a big problem for me!

Bump…

One of the reasons I tried to upgrade was:

We will fix quickly any bug or issue you experience with 2.0.

It’s almost 2 weeks since my post and there is no update/reply in this . How can I use Piwik again? And can you define “fix quickly” for me?

(Matthieu Aubry) #9

And can you define “fix quickly” for me?

btw disable xcache is a quick fix.

I don’t know why Piwik does not with Xcache and have never used xcache. Maybe you have some idea?

no, that isn’t as it slows down my other sites

[quote=matt]
I don’t know why Piwik does not with Xcache and have never used xcache. Maybe you have some idea?[/quote]
It worked perfct before. I don’t know what you changed in the code

I experienced the same error.

For me the fix was easy:
After you run the update and the fatal error is shown, simply return to the URL of the main Piwik folder.
This will show you a page where you can complete the update (in my case to Piwik 2.0.3) by executing the database update.

Greetings,
Manuel

[quote=Manuel]
I experienced the same error.

For me the fix was easy:
After you run the update and the fatal error is shown, simply return to the URL of the main Piwik folder.
This will show you a page where you can complete the update (in my case to Piwik 2.0.3) by executing the database update.

Greetings,
Manuel[/quote]
Well, this is great … it worked for me too, but I consider my server setup as no inconvenient setup at all…

I have a reseller hosting and it is well forged for optimal usage…

So, does this whole thing really meet the needs of the users or is the xcache problem a major problem?

(Matthieu Aubry) #13

Try with Piwik 2.1 where this may be fixed

Mmh, I was talking about the update process from 1.23 or so to the latest.