Export Visitor Log by Date Range

Is there any way to export the complete visitor log for a given date range?

The export button on the Visitor Log page only seems to export the current page.
It would be nice if it exported the entire date range selected, but for now I’d settle for an API or even an SQL query.

My real goal is to be able to search a date range for visitors matching a set of criteria such as keyword referrals, IP addresses, pages visited, etc. But that’s probably a much longer term goal, and I could accomplish much the same thing outside of Piwik if only I could get a dump of the visitor logs. For now, I’m having to slog through the server logs which is much messier.

Setting filter_limit higher should return more rows?

Otherwise, you can for sure query the log table, it is pretty easy to understand (look at piwik_log_visit)

The report link has filter_limit=100, which appears to be hard-coded in “plugins/CoreHome/templates/datatable_footer.tpl”.

But only 20 rows are being returned.

I’ve checked all instances of “filter_limit” and “API_datatable_default_limit”. But the only place where one is being set to 20 is “misc/api_rest_call.php”. That does not appear to be relevant.

Can you suggest an SQL query?
My SQL skills are practically non-existent: I’m still trying to figure out the syntax for a “USE” statement.

(I should have mentioned before: this is Piwik Version 1.2.1.)

[quote=matt]
Setting filter_limit higher should return more rows?

Otherwise, you can for sure query the log table, it is pretty easy to understand (look at piwik_log_visit)[/quote]

Can you try to add the parameter &limit=100 (rather than filter_limit) ?

Eureka!

Using both max_limit=1000 and limit=1000 produces the desired results (892 rows of output).

If I omit “max_limit”, output is limited to 50 rows (which I believe is API_datatable_default_limit).

So having both set to the same large number does the job.

Thanks for your help!

[quote=matt]
Can you try to add the parameter &limit=100 (rather than filter_limit) ?[/quote]

Hello,

i have the same problem, but could not solve it like sbnoble did.

I want to export all visitors that have been on my page in the last tweo weeks (about 700 visitors total) as a .csv table for Excel.

When i go to the exports as TSV (Excel) it only exports the 100 most recent visitors.

When i add the parameters:

filter_limit=1000
or
max_limit=1000
or
limit=1000

i do not get the desired result but an error:
Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 67108864 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 93 bytes) in /home/www/web258/html/piwik/core/DataTable/Renderer/Csv.php on line 218

What can i do now?

See Troubleshooting - Analytics Platform - Matomo

thank you very much. i now have 256M. that fixed the error.

It didn’t worked for me with any of above suggestions. It always exports first 100 results. Are there any form of widget or dashlet which i can configure to get export of visitor log by date range?