Export of download information

Good morning,

I would like to export information about downloaded files. But clicking on that “disc”-symbol and choosing any type of format just gives me information about the total downloads - not the single ones. Therefor I have two questions:

Question 1)
How can it be realised to export detailed data?

Within version 1.5 it was possible to use a quick’n’dirty workaround:
Show all files by clicking on [+]-symbol, then mark and copy all. After that I used some copy’n’paste/ search’n’replace in my texteditor to make up a manual csv-file.

While the 1.5 displayed full path and filename, the 1.6 cuts this information after exactly 50 characters.

Instead
/fileadmin/medien/downloadcenter/weitere/sonstiges_format/unterlage_1.pdf
you only see
/fileadmin/medien/downloadcenter/weitere/sonstiges…

So the workaround does not work.

Only by mouseover you see the full path and filename - but I’m not keen on writing it down completely that way.

Question 2)
Where can I find the option to change the cut-by-50-characters? I searched in database-tables and some files but did not find anything.

If there is not an answer for 1 or 2 including a solution, the whole download statistics in piwik are more or less useless. Not only because you hardly use the data in e.g. excel - you simply have not direct overview within piwik itself… :frowning:

Thanks a lot for some hints,

Markus

Question 1) You will be happy to know that this much improved in 1.7 beta.
Download from builds.piwik.org & update to latest 1.7-beta

For example Matomo Forums - Saturday, January 13, 2018 - Web Analytics Reports - Matomo

click on Export TSV

Question 2) It still limited in the UI but you can see full URL by hovering on the row. Maybe we could add a feature that would always display the full label? Users have not requested this often, but this can be considered!

Hi Matt,

thanks a lot for your answers. I’ll have a look on 1.7 beta… :O) But on our official site it might be better to downgrade to the latest 1.5 which is not a beta-version?

I’m a bit surprised that this feature of viewing the full path and filename immediately is not asked that often - I mean, on nearly every bigger site you have the possibility to use some downloads. And the need of hovering is not that convenient… :wink: If there has to be a limitation of 50 characters it would be more useful to “count backwards”/ show the last 50 characters - not the first ones.

I’m still searching for the file/db-table where I can alter that value… :sunglasses:

Wish you a nice day,

Markus

Hello,

I’m using version 3.14.1 of Matomo.
It’s always impossible to export in one click the details of downloads (file_1, file_2, etc. in the example at the bottom)
Only the agregate datas are available (my.domain.com)

Is there a way to export all datas in one click and not line per line ?

my.domain.com 100 % 8 8
/Files/file_1.pdf 25 % 2 2
/Files/file_2.pdf 25 % 2 2
/Files/file_3.pdf 12,5 % 1 1
/Files/file_4.pdf 12,5 % 1 1
/Files/file_5.pdf 12,5 % 1 1
/Files/file_6.pdf 12,5 % 1 1

Apparently, this is still an issue. How can we export tables with all data and values?

Hi @Tschaipi, @toto
Maybe you can use the custom report premium plugin for that?

Also have a look at: