Exit pages in custom reports

Hi,

I have created a custom reports for outlinks for every page on my webpage, for example I can see which outlinks the user have clicked on the home page. The dimensions I have chosen:
Landing Page URL
Clicked outlink

The variables I have chosen:
Unique clicked outlinks

I want to create the same report for exit pages for every web page. But I can’t find the metric exit pages under dimensions and then under variables.

Hi,

Just to make sure: Are you talking about the Custom Dimensions premium plugin?

No, Im talking about the plugin custom reports.

Hi,

I’m sorry, I mixed up the word.
I’m forwarding your message to the premium plugin support.

Hi Niklas,

Do you have the following dimensions?

Hi,

Yes, I have. But this set up will cover all pages right? Both pages within the same url and those pages that goes to other URL:s?

You can apply a filter at the bottom of the custom report to narrow down the results.

I get it. It is a strange translation to Swedish. Under dimensions Matomo have translated exit pages to utgångssidor which Is correct. But then under metrics Matomo have translated it to avvisningssida which is confusing. It is the same names in English: exit page and unique exit page url.

I know this is an old issue, but I want to achieve the same as you. However, when you combine “Entry Page URL” (as “Landing Page URL” is now called) with “Clicked outlink”, isn’t what you’re getting what the Entry URL was for a visit, and during that visit, the user clicked an outlink, but this outlink could have been on any page during the whole visit, no?

Or how do you know that the outlink is specific to that URL?
cc @Niklas_Ternstedt

Hi @webber ,

The data should be easily accessible to track the Custom Dimension in the javascript tracker using for example document.referrer
You could then add this to a Custom Report and easily use it either as the “Previous Page” or “Next Page”.
For example it can be configured like:

Previous Page report
1st Dimension - Page URL
2nd Dimension Custom Dimension (Referrer page)

Next Page report
1st Dimension - Custom Dimension (Referrer page)
2nd Dimension - Page URL

I think I solved this issue a long time ago with your help. :blush: