Exclude Dynamic IP From Statistics (ver .6)

How may I exclude dynamic IP’s in Piwik? I had thought this option was going to be available in .6, but I do not see it. I do have a dynamic IP host.

-Scott

You can use the cookie exclude option available in 0.6.1 to exclude yourself from the visits with a cookie.

Thank you. Just upgraded and set the cookie.

Is there a means to automatically set the cookie on some schedule to make sure it is always set.

-Scott

I second this question, albeit with a twist.
Would it be possible to add a string to the URL so that visits are not tracked/recorded? For example, I manage websites for clients, and they have dynamic IPs, and only I manage their Piwik statistics. Thus, it’s difficult to set an exclude cookie on their computers.

Could it thus be possible to have a string like “mysite.com/?=notrack” so that I can ask clients to use that address when visiting their site? Obviously, this would have to be added to every URL/page request, but excluding the default page would be a start for me. Could this be implemented?

As a second question, would the above string also work with the Piwik image tracking code (i.e. non-javascript)? I am tracking visits on Wordpress.com, and my clients often just visit the blog start page.

Another idea just occurred to me as well: would it be possible to have the link to “exclude visits by cookie” publicly accessible, i.e. without login? That way, I could ask my clients to click on that link every once in a while to make sure the cookie is set…

Thanks for your help!

Another idea just occurred to me as well: would it be possible to have the link to “exclude visits by cookie” publicly accessible, i.e. without login? That way, I could ask my clients to click on that link every once in a while to make sure the cookie is set…

Yes, this is the “Opt out” option in Settings > Privacy, when logged in as Admin or Super User