Event by Matomo Tag Manager not recognized by Matomo Analytics

Every now and then there are topics in the forum about Matomo Tag Manager events not working with Matomo Analytics. We are also currently trying to debug a problem. We have reached the point where we can successfully track the events with the Matomo Tag Manager Debugger in the datalayer of the page.

However, it still does not trigger the defined target in Matomo Analytics.

In which areas can we still look for problems?

1. Is it possible that Matomo Analytics no longer listens to events at the time of the event triggered by the Tag Manager? As I said - I see the event in the data layer.

2. could it be that it has to do with the order in which the tag is triggered, which as far as I know I can’t influence either? Tag Sequencing in Matomo Tag Manager

Does anyone have another idea what could be the cause - based on many years of valuable experience?

Do I maybe need to adjust the priorities of tags in the extended tag settings? Matomo Tracking tag with higher priority than the Matomo tag for the events?

Hi @dsp76

Sorry, I don’t understand what you mean…?

Matomo Analytics doesn’t really listen something, it is just a server. However, MTM is listening to events that happens in your page…

In order to illustrate your problem, can you describe the triggers and tags you defined in your page, what should happen, and what finally happened… Also did you try to use the MTM preview mode to check the process?