Error with Counter plugin

The counter plugin (Counter 2.0.9) I have been using for several years stopped working. It may be related to a recent Piwik update. When I try to access it from the by selecting “Administration” from Piwik I get the following error:

Fatal error: Call to undefined method Piwik\Menu\MenuAdmin::addEntry() in /home/content/84/11506884/html/analytics/plugins/Counter/Counter.php on line 27

A fatal error occurred

The following error just broke Piwik (v2.12.0-rc2):
Call to undefined method Piwik\Menu\MenuAdmin::addEntry()
in /home/content/84/11506884/html/analytics/plugins/Counter/Counter.php line 27

Troubleshooting
Follow these steps to solve the issue or report it to the team: • If you have just updated Piwik to the latest version, please try to restart your web server. This will clear the PHP opcache which may solve the problem.
• If this is the first time you see this error, please try refresh the page.
• If this error continues to happen, we appreciate if you send the error report to the Piwik team.

Further troubleshooting

If this error continues to happen, you may be able to fix this issue by disabling one or more of the Third-Party plugins. You can enable them again in the Plugins or Themes page under settings at any time.

Is there a known issue with this plugin?

Hello,

please check the latest version of the plugin. if you still have a problem, please report the issue in the Plugin github issue tracker directly to make sure the author will read your report.