Error: SQLSTATE[42S22]

because 0.41 is not working, i tried to use the actual trunc (1321).
but when i want to open a table i get this error:

SQLSTATE[42S22]: Column not found: 1054 Unknown column 'config_java' in 'field list'

also my dashboard is completly empty.
“Add a widget…” brings me to an empty “Select the widget to add in the dashboard” message. i can do nothing there!

There are database updates pending in the next release. The version number will be bumped in core/Version.php when the release is built.

You can update the version number manually… However, if we later add more SQL to core/Updates/0.4.2.php, it won’t be applied when you “svn up”, because as far as Piwik knows, you’re already running the latest version…

[quote=vipsoft @ Jul 23 2009, 01:28 PM]There are database updates pending in the next release. The version number will be bumped in core/Version.php when the release is built.

You can update the version number manually… However, if we later add more SQL to core/Updates/0.4.2.php, it won’t be applied when you “svn up”, because as far as Piwik knows, you’re already running the latest version…[/quote]

thanks!
editing core/Version.php into “0.4.2” and then updating the database works!
i can see my tables again.
but my dashboard is still empty and i can´t add anything. buts thats not a big problem.
i just hope final 0.4.2 will fix it!

There are no reported problems with the Dashboard…

This should be unnecessary when updating using a release build, but since you’re playing with SVN…

• Delete your browser cache.
  • Delete cache files in tmp/cache/tracker/* and tmp/templates_c/*.
  • Delete all rows from piwik_user_dashboard table.

If the problem persists, let us know, and we can dig deeper.

[quote=vipsoft @ Jul 23 2009, 02:34 PM]There are no reported problems with the Dashboard…

This should be unnecessary when updating using a release build, but since you’re playing with SVN…

• Delete your browser cache.
  • Delete cache files in tmp/cache/tracker/* and tmp/templates_c/*.
  • Delete all rows from piwik_user_dashboard table.

If the problem persists, let us know, and we can dig deeper.[/quote]
so, after using 0.4.2final, and deleting my complete old piwik-folder(including configs) i have the same problem. empty dashboard and i´m not able to add anything.
tried with FF3.51 and IExplorer 8.
i´m using Win7RC

i deleted browser cache and the piwik-temp-files.
what are you meaning with: “Delete all rows from piwik_user_dashboard table.” ?

thanks!

[quote=theodorius123 @ Jul 24 2009, 12:30 PM]so, after using 0.4.2final, and deleting my complete old piwik-folder(including configs) i have the same problem. empty dashboard and i´m not able to add anything.
tried with FF3.51 and IExplorer 8.
i´m using Win7RC

i deleted browser cache and the piwik-temp-files.
what are you meaning with: “Delete all rows from piwik_user_dashboard table.” ?

thanks![/quote]
I mean: TRUNCATE TABLE piwik_user_dashboard;

But that shouldn’t be affecting the Widget window. Check the browser’s error console and the server side log files for error messages. Also double check that the extracted Piwik files are all there.

SQLSTATE[42S22]: Column not found: 1054 Unknown column 'config_java' in 'field list'

Same here. After upgrading to 0.4.2 no widget shows any data, only the message above instead. It seems the DB upgrade wasn’t executed. But there was no message to do this. Can we do this manually?
Interesting: datas before yesterday (upgrade day) will be shown.

[quote=Inox @ Jul 24 2009, 06:07 PM]

Same here. After upgrading to 0.4.2 no widget shows any data, only the message above instead. It seems the DB upgrade wasn’t executed. But there was no message to do this. Can we do this manually?
Interesting: datas before yesterday (upgrade day) will be shown.[/quote]
Please report any server side errors in your log files relating to this update.

You can’t run core/Updates/0.4.2.php manually, but you should be able to glean the SQL from that script.

[quote=vipsoft @ Jul 24 2009, 04:31 PM]I mean: TRUNCATE TABLE piwik_user_dashboard;

But that shouldn’t be affecting the Widget window. Check the browser’s error console and the server side log files for error messages. Also double check that the extracted Piwik files are all there.[/quote]

my brwoser-log:

Fehler: illegal character
Quelldatei: http://www.theo.bplaced.net/piwik/index.php?module=CoreHome&action=index&idSite=1&period=day&date=today#module=Dashboard&action=embeddedIndex&idSite=1&period=day&date=today
Zeile: 0, Spalte: 27
Quelltext:
piwik.dashboardLayout = [[{\"uniqueId\":\"widgetVisitsSummarygetEvolutionGraph\",\"parameters\":{\"module\":\"VisitsSummary\",\"action\":\"getEvolutionGraph\",\"columns\":[\"nb_visits\"]}},{\"uniqueId\":\"widgetActionsgetActions\",\"parameters\":{\"module

this is the only error i get + some warnings: “decleration ignored”

EDIT: translation:
Fehler = error
Quelldatei = source file
Zeile = row
Spalte = col

can you run:

mysqldump -u your_piwik_db_user -p your_piwik_db your_piwik_prefix_log_visit

[quote=vipsoft @ Jul 24 2009, 08:28 PM]can you run:

mysqldump -u your_piwik_db_user -p your_piwik_db your_piwik_prefix_log_visit[/quote]
why? to backup my database? no need for this.
out of pure desperation i deleted my database while setting up another (SVN) version of piwik i few days ago.

i had the problem with 0.4.1, with many SVNs and now with 0.4.2.
i also tried another ftp-client.
so i would guess, that everything ist uploades correctly.

I wanted see the entire user_dashboard table to see what was causing the parse error…

Please drop your database and reinstall Piwik from the 0.4.2 release, instead of from SVN.

[quote=vipsoft @ Jul 25 2009, 12:18 PM]I wanted see the entire user_dashboard table to see what was causing the parse error…

Please drop your database and reinstall Piwik from the 0.4.2 release, instead of from SVN.[/quote]
i had 0.4.2 - but htat was not the problem.

i deleted all my sql-tables manually and know it is working again.

thanks!

[quote=vipsoft @ Jul 25 2009, 12:18 PM]I wanted see the entire user_dashboard table to see what was causing the parse error…

Please drop your database and reinstall Piwik from the 0.4.2 release, instead of from SVN.[/quote]
arrrrrrrrrr.
i realy don´t get it.

ok, the problem is coming again.
the dashboard is working after TRUNCATE TABLE piwik_user_dashboard.
then editing something on the dashboard (close widgets, etc.), logout, login and everythung is gone again.

tried this 3 times know. after truncate, deleting the config-file and setting up everything again it works. but just for one login.

Try narrowing the problem down. Reinstall again with no 3rd party plugins, and all standard Piwik plugins in their default state (activated/deactivated).

I can’t offer any other advice until I see a mysqldump of the problematic user_dashboard table and output from phpinfo.

[quote=vipsoft @ Jul 25 2009, 02:47 PM]Try narrowing the problem down. Reinstall again with no 3rd party plugins, and all standard Piwik plugins in their default state (activated/deactivated).

I can’t offer any other advice until I see a mysqldump of the problematic user_dashboard table and output from phpinfo.[/quote]
no plugins installed, changing one thing in the dashboard causes the crash after the next login.
after deleting config.ini.php, truncate piwik_user_dashboard and going through the setup it works again.

tried mysqldump.
got this error:

SQL-Befehl:
mysqldump - u your_piwik_db_user - p your_piwik_db your_piwik_prefix_log_visit

MySQL meldet: Dokumentation
#1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'mysqldump -u your_piwik_db_user -p your_piwik_db your_piwik_prefix_log_visit' at line 1

sorry, i already told, i am realy a newbie with mysql-stuff.

sorry and thanks a lot at this time for beeing so patient with me style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wink.gif

[quote=theodorius123 @ Jul 25 2009, 03:23 PM]

SQL-Befehl:
mysqldump - u your_piwik_db_user - p your_piwik_db your_piwik_prefix_log_visit

sorry, i already told, i am realy a newbie with mysql-stuff.

sorry and thanks a lot at this time for beeing so patient with me style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wink.gif[/quote]
Die Daten solltest Du schon an Deine anpassen, das ‘your_piwik_db_user’ ist ein Dummy für Deinen echten DB-Usernamen. Funktioniert imho so aber nur unter der Konsole. Einfacher ist es mit phpMyAdmin einfach einen Export der Tabelle user_dashboard zu machen, und hier zu posten.

It seems this problem is a bit different than mine. All my widget boxes are visible, but every widget has the ‘unknown column’ error message.

aaaaaaah. you need the content of my piwik_user_dashboard style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wink.gif

here it is!

[[{\"uniqueId\":\"widgetVisitsSummarygetEvolutionGraph\",\"parameters\":{\"module\":\"VisitsSummary\",\"action\":\"getEvolutionGraph\",\"columns\":[\"nb_visits\"]}},{\"uniqueId\":\"widgetVisitorInterestgetNumberOfVisitsPerVisitDuration\",\"parameters\":{\"module\":\"VisitorInterest\",\"action\":\"getNumberOfVisitsPerVisitDuration\"}},{\"uniqueId\":\"widgetUserSettingsgetBrowser\",\"parameters\":{\"module\":\"UserSettings\",\"action\":\"getBrowser\"}},{\"uniqueId\":\"widgetUserCountrygetCountry\",\"parameters\":{\"module\":\"UserCountry\",\"action\":\"getCountry\"}},{\"uniqueId\":\"widgetExampleFeedburnerfeedburner\",\"parameters\":{\"module\":\"ExampleFeedburner\",\"action\":\"feedburner\"}}],[{\"uniqueId\":\"widgetReferersgetKeywords\",\"parameters\":{\"module\":\"Referers\",\"action\":\"getKeywords\"}},{\"uniqueId\":\"widgetReferersgetWebsites\",\"parameters\":{\"module\":\"Referers\",\"action\":\"getWebsites\"}}],[{\"uniqueId\":\"widgetReferersgetSearchEngines\",\"parameters\":{\"module\":\"Referers\",\"action\":\"getSearchEngines\"}},{\"uniqueId\":\"widgetVisitTimegetVisitInformationPerServerTime\",\"parameters\":{\"module\":\"VisitTime\",\"action\":\"getVisitInformationPerServerTime\"}}]]

sorry, i missed this point.
but, where do i get this?

This script returns phpinfo. I’m interested in knowing what version of PHP you are running and on what platform (Windows, Linux, …)? Whether your build has the native json_encode/json_decode, or uses the emulated functions? And anything else that might explain the difference.

<?php phpinfo();

FF3.5 and IE8 have their own JSON.stringify implementations, so maybe that’s the source of conflict. Try replacing libs/javascript/json2.js with the updated version from: http://www.json.org/json2.js