Error in widgets when trying to create reports with a longer time range

Running on Matomo 4.13.3, Nginx webserver, mysql DB.

When trying to run reports from 1 year or longer then 6 months, I got the following error for several widgets in the dashboard like Insights Overview, Page Entry Visits and others:

Oops there was a problem during the request. Maybe the server had a temporary issue, or maybe you requested a report with too much data. Please try again. If this error occurs repeatedly please contact your Matomo administrator for assistance

This is what I’ve done to remove the errors:

Add to crontab:
5 * * * * www-data /usr/bin/php [path-to-matomo]/console core:archive --url=http://[your-matomo-URL] >> /var/log/matomo-archive.log 2>&1

*** Remember to create backups of your configuration files first!

change values in /etc/php/8.2/fpm/php.ini

max_execution_time = 1000

max_input_time = -1

memory_limit = 8096M

display_errors = On

session.gc_divisor = 3000

session.cache_expire = 360

session.sid_length = 256

Also for logging in /etc/php/8.2/fpm/php-fpm.conf

syslog.facility = daemon

syslog.ident = php-fpm

log_level = debug

log_limit = 4096

Optimize DB with

Example for one month:
#/[matomo-path]/php console core:optimize-archive-tables february-2022
Optimizing archive tables for date range: february-2022
Optimizing table 'archive_numeric_2022_02'...Done.

also check:

Now, since upgrading to PHP8.2, I also have this error:

FastCGI sent in stderr: "PHP message: PHP Deprecated:  Creation of dynamic property Piwik\Plugins\Events\Actions\ActionEvent::$eventValue is deprecated in [webserver-www-file-location]/matomo/plugins/Events/Actions/ActionEvent.php on line 30" while reading response header from upstream

If anybody knows how to solve this, please reply, thanks.

Hi @europ1
I don’t understand exactly your problem… Is the error on reports relative to PHP message: PHP Deprecated: Creation of dynamic property Piwik\Plugins\Events\Actions\ActionEvent::$eventValue is deprecated in [webserver-www-file-location]/matomo/plugins/Events/Actions/ActionEvent.php on line 30?

For this last error, I just created an issue in GitHub:

Hi @europ1
Will be fixed in Matomo 4.13.4