Error in 2.0b2

I just updated to 2.0b2 from 2.0b1, and now I see a lot of errors:

There is an error. Please report the message (Piwik 2.0-b2) and full backtrace in the Piwik forums (please do a Search first as it might have been reported already!).

Notice: Undefined index: tableGoals in /home/dkdbdk/analytics/core/ViewDataTable/Manager.php on line 235

Backtrace -->

#0 Piwik\Error::errorHandler(...) called at [/home/dkdbdk/analytics/core/ViewDataTable/Manager.php:235]
#1 Piwik\ViewDataTable\Manager::getFooterIconFor(...) called at [/home/dkdbdk/analytics/core/ViewDataTable/Manager.php:161]
#2 Piwik\ViewDataTable\Manager::configureFooterIcons(...) called at [/home/dkdbdk/analytics/core/Plugin/Visualization.php:119]
#3 Piwik\Plugin\Visualization->overrideSomeConfigPropertiesIfNeeded(...) called at [/home/dkdbdk/analytics/core/Plugin/Visualization.php:58]
#4 Piwik\Plugin\Visualization->buildView(...) called at [/home/dkdbdk/analytics/core/Plugin/ViewDataTable.php:248]
#5 Piwik\Plugin\ViewDataTable->render(...) called at [/home/dkdbdk/analytics/core/ViewDataTable/Factory.php:115]
#6 Piwik\ViewDataTable\Factory::renderReport(...) called at [/home/dkdbdk/analytics/plugins/VisitTime/Controller.php:32]
#7 Piwik\Plugins\VisitTime\Controller->getVisitInformationPerServerTime(...) called at [:]
#8 call_user_func_array(...) called at [/home/dkdbdk/analytics/core/FrontController.php:107]
#9 Piwik\FrontController->dispatch(...) called at [/home/dkdbdk/analytics/index.php:56]

Fatal error: Class name must be a valid object or a string in /home/dkdbdk/analytics/core/ViewDataTable/Manager.php on line 238

Going to visitorslog I see this short message: Visuzalization type PiwikPluginsLiveVisitorLog not found

I just released 2.0-beta3 – which should fix this issue, let me know if you still have problems.

The errors are gone.
I don’t see any data for this month (1-5 november), but I do see data for october.
Also the visitorslog is empty.
Has the javascript changed? I’m using Joomla and the Jpiwik plugin.

Ahh, I just found out that my host provider hadn’t moved my certificates for all my subdomains when they moved the service, so that was why it hadn’t tracked for a couple of days.
I’ve tried with the eorisis piwik plugin for joomla, looks very promising.
I haven’t figure out with the customvariables in the new plugin, they seem very advanced.
I can assign both “Custom Variables: Visitor” and “Custom Variables: Page View”, my thought was that I could use the ‘Active Component’ on the ‘Visitor’ page and the ‘ActiveMenu’ on the ‘Page View’.

A new error is showing:
When I go to the Visitor Log Page I see an empty row (just my own visit), [attachment 1422 visitorlog.png]
if I click on the graph icon on that line, I get this error:
There is an error. Please report the message (Piwik 2.0-b3) and full backtrace in the Piwik forums (please do a Search first as it might have been reported already!).

Notice: Uninitialized string offset: 0 in /home/dkdbdk/analytics/plugins/CoreHome/DataTableRowAction/RowEvolution.php on line 91

Backtrace -->

#0 Piwik\Error::errorHandler(…) called at [/home/dkdbdk/analytics/plugins/CoreHome/DataTableRowAction/RowEvolution.php:91]
#1 Piwik\Plugins\CoreHome\DataTableRowAction\RowEvolution->__construct(…) called at [/home/dkdbdk/analytics/plugins/CoreHome/Controller.php:162]
#2 Piwik\Plugins\CoreHome\Controller->makeRowEvolution(…) called at [/home/dkdbdk/analytics/plugins/CoreHome/Controller.php:128]
#3 Piwik\Plugins\CoreHome\Controller->getRowEvolutionPopover(…) called at [:]
#4 call_user_func_array(…) called at [/home/dkdbdk/analytics/core/FrontController.php:114]
#5 Piwik\FrontController->dispatch(…) called at [/home/dkdbdk/analytics/index.php:56]

Hi fribse,

which OS and PHP version are you using?

It’s linux with cpannel, php v.5.3.23

Can you make sure that all files from 2.0-beta3 have been uploaded? it looks like maybe some files were not uploaded correctly

I used the built-in update, so I don’t have the package here.
Where do I find the 2.0b3 package?

What are the errors you are seeing?

Are they always displayed? do you have errors in your server error logs?

we’d like to fix the bug and need bit more info, thanks!

Hello Matt,

i have the same Problem like fribse, first i used the integrated Update in Piwik to Update to the latest Beta which was 2.0b3. So first i thought everything was fine, but then i see that the Visitor Log is not working, like you can see in the attached Screenshot.

If i click on the Icon to see the Visitor Metrics i also get the Error:

Notice: Uninitialized string offset: 0 in /srv/www/htdocs/web2/html/pwk/plugins/CoreHome/DataTableRowAction/RowEvolution.php on line 91

Backtrace -->

#0 Piwik\Error::errorHandler(...) called at [/srv/www/htdocs/web2/html/pwk/plugins/CoreHome/DataTableRowAction/RowEvolution.php:91]
#1 Piwik\Plugins\CoreHome\DataTableRowAction\RowEvolution->__construct(...) called at [/srv/www/htdocs/web2/html/pwk/plugins/CoreHome/Controller.php:162]
#2 Piwik\Plugins\CoreHome\Controller->makeRowEvolution(...) called at [/srv/www/htdocs/web2/html/pwk/plugins/CoreHome/Controller.php:128]
#3 Piwik\Plugins\CoreHome\Controller->getRowEvolutionPopover(...) called at [:]
#4 call_user_func_array(...) called at [/srv/www/htdocs/web2/html/pwk/core/FrontController.php:114]
#5 Piwik\FrontController->dispatch(...) called at [/srv/www/htdocs/web2/html/pwk/index.php:56]

Under that Error is also a Message called: Parameter label not set.

I connected for my Tests on my other Monitor to my Server and controlled via tail -f the Apache Error Logfile but no Entry about that Problem. I use PHP 5.3.8 but if i switch to 5.4.X or 5.5.X i have the same Problem on a Server with latest CentOS.

After you comment i downloaded the full ZIP File with the lates Beta Build and uploaded it, but the Error is not fixed in this way. Also in PHP Debugging Mode no more Hints about the Problem.

@Matt, I posted the error here
@RAID, Yes, that’s exactly what I see if I go to visitors log, I’ve made a small ‘video’: 2013-11-08_0942
I don’t see anything in the error log.
I can give you access to the statistics page and via ftp if you wish to experiment a bit?

Guys can you try this patch Trying fix for error reported in forums http://forum.piwik.org/read.p… · matomo-org/matomo@1903dc6 · GitHub

maybe it fixes it for you? if not i’m not sure how to fix but will try

In the list I still do not see any information for the visit log, and when clicking on the graph, I still see an error:

Notice: Uninitialized string offset: 0 in /home/dkdbdk/analytics/plugins/CoreHome/DataTableRowAction/RowEvolution.php on line 91

Backtrace -->

#0 Piwik\Error::errorHandler(...) called at [/home/dkdbdk/analytics/plugins/CoreHome/DataTableRowAction/RowEvolution.php:91]
#1 Piwik\Plugins\CoreHome\DataTableRowAction\RowEvolution->__construct(...) called at [/home/dkdbdk/analytics/plugins/CoreHome/Controller.php:162]
#2 Piwik\Plugins\CoreHome\Controller->makeRowEvolution(...) called at [/home/dkdbdk/analytics/plugins/CoreHome/Controller.php:128]
#3 Piwik\Plugins\CoreHome\Controller->getRowEvolutionPopover(...) called at [:]
#4 call_user_func_array(...) called at [/home/dkdbdk/analytics/core/FrontController.php:114]
#5 Piwik\FrontController->dispatch(...) called at [/home/dkdbdk/analytics/index.php:56]

Same exact issue here. Tried the GitHub fix, but that didn’t change anything for me.

Anyone working on this issue? It’s quite debilitating not to see any of your visitors… that’s the main page I view in Piwik.

Yes, we are still working on this issue. But it’s not that easy as we cannot reproduce it. Can anyone try to copy the content of this file https://raw.github.com/piwik/piwik/master/plugins/Live/VisitorLog.php to “Plugins/Live/VisitorLog.php”? Or if you are using Piwik from Git do a “git pull”?

By any chance, is one of you guys a developer and can help debugging the issue?

BTW: Can anyone of you access your phpinfo? Either by executing “php -i” on the commandline, by calling the method “phpinfo()” or in cpannel etc? If so, could you send us the content to hello@piwik.org

I switched to the latest PHP Versions, so i can say PHP 5.4.21 and PHP 5.5.5. seems to fix the Problem. Only if i test it with PHP 5.3.27 or with other PHP 5.3.X Versions i have now the described Problem. With PHP 5.2.X Piwik is unable to load.

So now i switched to the latest PHP 5.5.5 and everything is fine, so for me it fixed the Problem.

I have php 5.3.10, so I guess I will have to update. I need to figure out how that will affect my site as I’m runing codeigniter.