Error during install 0.5.5

Hello all,

first of all I would like to thank all the people who spend time to build and improve Piwik.
It’s a great piece of software style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.gif

But… during the installation of version 0.5.5 I encountered an error:

File integrity check failed and reported some errors. 
This is most likely due to a partial or failed upload of some of the Piwik files. 
You should reupload all the Piwik files and refresh this page until it shows no error. 
File size mismatch: 
/piwik/libs/open-flash-chart/php-ofc-library/ofc_y_axis_labels.php (expected length: 800, found: 744) 
File size mismatch: 
/piwik/libs/open-flash-chart/php-ofc-library/ofc_y_axis_label.php (expected length: 509, found: 472) 

The info told me to re-upload the files and try again until the page was free of errors, so I did exactly that… several times… but to no avail… The error persists…
Is this a critical error or would it be possible to simply continue?

try to delete these two files from your server and reupload them again. if it doesnt work, you can still continue with the upgrade, but there is some risk that the older file versions you’re using would cause, in this case, issues in the graphs (let us know)

Thanks matthieu for your response.

Maybe a little more info would help…
About 2 weeks ago I discovered Piwik, installed 0.5.4 and loved it style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.gif
Today I got the message in the main-screen about the new 0.5.5 so I went ahead and downloaded it.

Renamed the existing folder (piwik) to ‘old_piwik’ and uploaded the new version.
From my point of view I am not using any ‘old’ files, but I might be wrong, please tell me if I am style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wink.gif

As I understand this is not a critical error, so I went ahead with the installation, no problems so far style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.gif
Thanks again, will keep you informed if anything strange pops up.

Ah yes, the end-of-line issue. I’ll fix this in SVN. Thanks.

Ah, cool, problem about to be solved and not even needed to ask the question style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wink.gif
thanks for that!!

File size mismatch: /piwik/libs/Zend/Http/Client.php (expected length: 46300, found: 46299)
File size mismatch: /piwik/libs/open-flash-chart/php-ofc-library/ofc_y_axis_labels.php (expected length: 800, found: 744)
File size mismatch: /piwik/libs/open-flash-chart/php-ofc-library/ofc_y_axis_label.php (expected length: 509, found: 472)
File size mismatch: /piwik/misc/generateDoc.bat (expected length: 117, found: 115)

I reuploaded theses files, deleted them an uploaded again, but the message appears again and again.

Are these files necassary or can I go on with the installation?

you can carry on with the install, these are probably only end of line issues which won’t cause any bug

I solved this problem uploading with filezilla in binary mode.

I made a mistake ? style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/unsure.gif

[quote=OrBeX @ Mar 19 2010, 10:23 AM]Thanks matthieu for your response.

Maybe a little more info would help…
About 2 weeks ago I discovered Piwik, installed 0.5.4 and loved it style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.gif
Today I got the message in the main-screen about the new 0.5.5 so I went ahead and downloaded it.

Renamed the existing folder (piwik) to ‘old_piwik’ and uploaded the new version.
From my point of view I am not using any ‘old’ files, but I might be wrong, please tell me if I am style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wink.gif

As I understand this is not a critical error, so I went ahead with the installation, no problems so far style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.gif
Thanks again, will keep you informed if anything strange pops up.[/quote]

I have the same error. The reason for this is the difference between the actual size of the file and the size on the hard disk, which can be, and usually is, different due to clusters, fragmentation.

I had a similar problem as this but as of yet have not experienced any bugs with it (touch wood!). You should be fine to continue I would think.

-Phoenix