Error and notice?

I have this error:

Unable to Connect to tcp://feeds.feedburner.com:80. Error #:

and this Notice:

Notice: Undefined variable: errno in /home/bdistler/public_html/piwik/libs/Zend/Http/Client/Adapter/Socket.php on line 236

Backtrace →
#0 Piwik_ErrorHandler(8, Undefined variable: errno, /home/bdistler/public_html/piwik/libs/Zend/Http/Client/Adapter/Socket.php, 236, Array ([host] => tcp://feeds.feedburner.com,[port] => 80,[secure] => ,[context] => Resource id #126,[flags] => 4)) called at [/home/bdistler/public_html/piwik/libs/Zend/Http/Client/Adapter/Socket.php:236]
#1 Zend_Http_Client_Adapter_Socket->connect(feeds.feedburner.com, 80, ) called at [/home/bdistler/public_html/piwik/libs/Zend/Http/Client.php:969]
#2 Zend_Http_Client->request(GET) called at [/home/bdistler/public_html/piwik/libs/Zend/Feed.php:171]
#3 Zend_Feed::import(http://feeds.feedburner.com/Piwik) called at [/home/bdistler/public_html/piwik/plugins/ExampleRssWidget/ExampleRssWidget.php:103]
#4 Piwik_ExampleRssWidget_Rss->get() called at [/home/bdistler/public_html/piwik/plugins/ExampleRssWidget/ExampleRssWidget.php:62]
#5 Piwik_ExampleRssWidget_Controller->rssPiwik() called at [(null):0]
#6 call_user_func_array(Array ([0] => Piwik_ExampleRssWidget_Controller Object ( => ExampleRssWidget, => 2010-12-26, => Piwik_Date Object ( => 1293321600, => UTC), => 1, => Piwik_Site Object ( => 1)),[1] => rssPiwik), Array ()) called at [/home/bdistler/public_html/piwik/core/FrontController.php:126]
#7 Piwik_FrontController->dispatch() called at [/home/bdistler/public_html/piwik/index.php:60]

Piwik ver 1.0

Any info about these ???

Thanks

You probably have sockets disabled. (See if php.ini’s disable_functions contains stream_socket_client.)

As a workaround, you can try disabling notices. For example, in php.ini, set: error_reporting = E_ALL & ~E_NOTICE

This has been reported upstream in Issue - Zend Framework

Received this from my host

The problem isn’t that sockets are disabled but that the server is blocking connections outbound to port 80. If you were to make a socket to port 81 there wouldn’t be any of the same issues.
I’ve just done a brief search of the Piwik source files and the only references I can find to feedburner are in two of the example files, although the actual error may be coming from the core http class.

From what I see in this - the server has a firewall at “outbound to port 80”
can you tell me what IP(s) Piwik is using to go through port 80
I will ask my host to add them to the firewall’s white-list

Thanks

Does your host support an outbound proxy? (We have a ticket to implement this feature.)

You’ll want to whitelist: piwik.org and api.piwik.org

Optionally:
feeds.feedburner.com
toolbarqueries.google.com
data.alexa.com
search.dmoz.org
search.yahoo.com
www.google.com
siteexplorer.search.yahoo.com
www.who.is

In future:
plugins.piwik.org